Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Burr.Oh.Dee

Can I use an AT&T, Cingular, or any other companies phone on my Unicel plan?

Okay. My cell phone company is Unicel but I don't want a phone from their company. I want a cool one and Unicel just doesn't have any cool ones. I was thinking about a phone with a keyboard. But can I use one of those phones on my company? On my phone, it takes a SIM CARD. Do those phone companies take those too? And I also keep hearing about like GMS or something like that. what is that?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! I DON'T KNOW. :]

pat
    you mean GSM.
    AT&T is a GSM company, which basically means that they use SIM cards.
    If your company also uses SIM Cards, you can go and buy an AT&T phone, but it needs to be unlocked. And then you can just plug in your unicel SIM card in it, and it will work.

You can look online for GSM unlocked phones, They are the best phones around. I bought a Nokia N95 that way,
    and then just plugged in my AT&T sim card.