I've had a rather dependable Samsung x450 cell for the past 4 years now. It was originally purchased from Cingular which is now AT&T (as most here will already know). Since I only use it for business and emergency calls I didn't, and still don't, need a lot from my phone. However, yesterday my phone took a rather unfortunate trip through the laundry in my pants pocket, and is now inoperative.

As my wife has the same phone, I popped out my SIM card and checked it in her phone. Luckily it has survived the wash, so my account info and phone book are still intact.

I was price shopping for a cheap and dirty replacement, and noticed that the low end AT&T Go Phone (Nokia 2610) is only 20 bucks. Does anyone know if my old Cingular SIM card will work in the Go Phone?

I'm sure AT&T would frown upon me not signing up for a new plan and getting a "phone deal" with it, but I've got an old Legacy plan that they still honor, which is about 20 bucks cheaper a month than their current lowest plan and has nearly as many minutes/features. So literally a 2 year plan would cost me 480 bucks more than just sticking with my current un-contracted plan (Well, minus the cost of a new phone). Buying a chepo $20 Go Phone once or twice a year would be an optimal solution for myself, as I only use my phone about 5 minutes a day and don't need any frills.

My research suggests that it will, but I'd like a more solid confirmation or denial of this possibility.

Thanks,

Taco

P.S. Sorry for the verbosity, but I like to make sure I provide enough information, even if it turns out to be of no use.
Oh, I shoud also mention that my job requires me to have an active monthly cell account, so just canceling my subscription and going with a pre-pay phone is, unfortunately, not a viable option for me.