Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    jefferybeta

ATT DSL service / 2Wire 2700hg-b modem. I'm randomly loosing DSL connection,

then it resetsm, and works fine.? Same set up worked fine at my last apartment but I'm having trouble at my new place. This is what happens:

I'm searching the internet or playing games online and everything is working great. I loose connection as my modem DSL light starts blinking green and my internet light is out. Its blinks green for 2-5 minutes, both blink red, then both turn green and my internet works again. ATT is being no help as they don't show my line losing DSL connection in their logs.

They thought it might be a modem issue so I got the 2wire 2701HG-b modem but the problem continues. Tried all different types of filter set-ups, moving EMI devices, etc with tech but it doesn't help. It is a windows XP computer.

Something is wrong, please help!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just try using OpenDNS. I think you will find that that keeps the link open. The problem is probably a softwaer one that ATT deliberately use to reduce the number of people online. And it screws up messenger, Skype etc but Open DNS will cure it. You have to configure goe to Open DNS site it will tell you how. The line is also possibly ADSL+2re
    Please let me know how it goes

Chops369
    Same thing happened to me. DSL sucks. One of your phone filters might not be working. Although the best solution would be to get comcast.