Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do you think Adele's style is nice and elegant?

Is it because of her personality, what do you think? She looks really reserved!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's because she often does retro makeup and clothing which seems quite ladylike and elegant given the way other popstars dress. For example, many of her dresses are fitted at the waist and flare out in a full skirt to give an impression of a 50s or early 60s silhouette. She wings out her liquid eyeliner to give a cat eye appearance and wears false eyelashes to create a very dramatic 1960s look and she also wears her hair in very sleek polished up-dos that have a 60s appeal (a bit like the characters on Mad Men) often teasing it a little bit at the crown to give volume but always ensuring that it is smooth on the top. Perhaps she chooses those looks because she has a more reserved personality than some other singers, but I also think it suits the style of music that she creates.