Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

When will good, straight forward singing come back in style, like from the 50's

through 80's? Freddie Mercury,
    David Bowie
    Heart
    Michael Jackson
    Robert Plant
    Chuck Berry
    Elvis
    Steve Tyler
    Billy Ocean
    Berlin
    Chicago
    Bon Jovi
    Cheap Trick
    Bryan Adams
    Bruce Springsting
    Don Henley
    Huey Lewis
    Lionel Ritchie
    Steve Perry - Journey
    Live - singer is more moder - I mean there are a few rarities - Great singer, but lot of boring earth songs; nonetheless, good artist- few in between
    Justin Hawkins - Not bad for modern, his lower vocal range sucks though, high range, thumbs up!
    Muse - Pretty good, of course, but whiny
    Rod Stewart
    Roy Orbison
    Reo Seedwagon

Prince
    Seal - I'll admit, not through the time period I listed, but good; still doesn't qualify for majority of music and singing, or mainstream which is what I'm getting at.
    Tina Turner
    The Doors
    Stevie Wonder
    And a lot of 80's metal bands had good high vocal range singers like the band Whitesnake, or Sammy Hagar.

Straight forward singers, no rythm an bluesy twang, strange characteristics, whineyness, powerful belting vocals; non boring singers. People that sang about normal shit, not just sex all the time, or rally songs like all the single ladies. Beyonce is just an example of what I don't think is that great; her vocals are to deep, to tough, sassy; I can almost smell her bo from her vocals; too much Umph, and all the time too.

Is it gonna ever come back? I mean, I hear a song and like miss the old days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It had better or else I'll have to shoot someone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    truthfully, i don't think it'll ever come back. the new generation likes terrible music too much. im only 15, and i refuse to listen to today's auto-tuned crap, i wish people could appreciate good music for what it is, and not if its "in style"