Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is with the whole vampire trend going around today?

Vampires are everywhere nowadays. Movies, music (Vampire Weekend, just now mainstream), on talk shows (Tyra Show). What's the deal?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree. Twilight really has a vice grip on the mainstream. sigh.
    Oh well, the Pegasus will always be my favorite mythological creature.

Junior Member faulty_barbie_doll's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It all started with twilight.

I'll admit I read it before it was a huge hit and it was an okay book but not something to scream over in my opinion.

I'm more interested by Vlad the Impaler, the REAL person that Bram Stokers Dracula is based on, he WASN'T a vampire, he was the prince of wallachia and the closest thing to a vampire you're likely to get.

I think if lots of people actually researched vampires, they'd realise there is more to it than drinking blood, never sleeping and never going out in sunlight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate twilight fans

& That movie sucked!!!.... I just don't get it! *shrugs&sighs*

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's getting old. Actually, I don't think you can give Twilight all of the credit. I think it started back with Anne Rice and the goth trend in the 90's, it went further with movies like Underworld and it's just been steadily growing and now it's exploded with Twilight.

I suppose people like it because it's got that whole dark/dangerous/romantic thing going, but now that so many writers and directors have jumped on the bandwagon vampire novels and movies are just getting trite. I appreciate a good story and all (and I have to admit I actually liked True Blood and Let the Right One In), but the whole vampire obsession is crazy and if a writer can't bring more to the story than "vampire falls in love with a human" it just bores me.

When vampire obsession finally dies down it's going to be soooo dead.

Downloads
    Uploads
    really who gives a sh*t what all u ppl think of the vampire fad?!!!
    its meant for ppl like me, at my age 17!!!
    they didnt have u 30 year old hags in mind when they came up with the vampire thing!
    its for girls (and guys) like me who want to read/watch something other than all the political crap on TV these days!!!

so stop hating on twilight and other vampire fads. ur not 17 anymore, so of course id expect u guys not to like it, but stop talking crap about it!!!

nobody cares what u ppl have to say!!!

to politely answer the question: It all evolved from Twilight. Everyone passed the book around at school when they were done reading it, because everyone fell in love with it, boys too! Its a kind of fantasy world that makes girls swoon too. But I think all the other vampire stuff like "The Vampire Diaries" is copying Twilight. Honestly, that show is stupid. its wannabe twilight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All of the Vamp shows/movies suck(no pun intended) except True Blood!