Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there any scope in working in the fashion industry?

have heard often that the fashion industry is going down and it is very hard to find a job at the moment. Especially with the whole recession and credit crunch going on.

I have to apply for uni this year and i want to be sure that going into the fashion industry will at least get me somewhere and leave me other options if i fail in something else. i want to go into fashion designing but i don't want to be left at dead end.

I will be going to uni next year so in about 4-5 years time i will be working. i need some advice about the fashion industry in the future and whether it will be a good field to go into. It will be very useful if any advice can be given from someone who is currently in the industry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All depends what you want to do - its a huge industry.

Its not particulary hard to get into but it is oversubscribed as so many people want to get into it, and for the first few years whatever you do, you will be very poorly paid for very long hours just because of the mass competition and the willingness of others to work for nothing.

As we approach recession, yes some magazines will close, some agencies will get hit, some shops with close but so will the rest of the economy. If you have a love of something go and do it and don't worry about what is happening economically - people will always buy clothes so there will always be a need for the fashion industry - just be prepared to be a dog's body on a slaves salary for your first few years our of Uni. Eventually it will be worth it. Best of luck