Hey everyone!
I've been sporting a Faux-Hawk style for a while now, and im really getting sick of Gel.
I have pretty thick hair, and the only way I can easily style it with Gel is when my hair is damp/wet. The problem with that is, the gel gets mushy and plops down.

I recently bought a tub of Axe Pomade, and tried it out. I really like it, since you can use it with damp hair, and it really makes your hair look straight, not curly. Yet, there always has to be a problem xD.

So, I use the pomade on the hair, model it and blow dry it. It looks GREAT at the beginning. But after an hour, my hairs frizzed, the spikes curl down, and my hair does look like it had the same same volume as that of the beginning.

I was wondering if you all have any tips on what kind of products I should use for my hair. Its pretty thick, black, and i'm trying to faux-hawk it.

I wanted to see if there are any types of pomade that have a strong, stiff hold thought the day, and doesn't die down. Also, a pomade that can last in humidity.

ANY tips you may offer will be helpful. Even if it requires mixing a different product in with the pomade, or recommend for me to use a whole different substance.

Thanks everyone, can't wait to see the tips.

P.S. I'm not looking for no-lifes to come and tell me that Faux-Hawks are gay. Im not gay, and its a really good hair style.