Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm 20 year old tomboy who's looking for fashion advice?

About three days ago I went shopping over at urbanoutfitters and although this is going to sound ridiculous it's made me self-conscious. I was standing in line to buy some stuff when I heard two guys from behind me criticizing my sense of fashion. Apparently my white shirt, dark jeans and chucks was too plain for them. I normally don't care because my friends are always giving me crap for dressing like a tomboy, but I guess that's the reason why so many people confuse me for being sixteen when I'm actually twenty.
    I've tried dressing up on several occasions as far as wearing makeup and high heels, but that's not who I am. Is there anyway to make the "tomboy look," look chic? Or perhaps not young? Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you all

Downloads
    Uploads
    Layers. Toss an extra layer on and your outfit becomes that much more interesting. Cardigans, vests, blazers, sweaters, whatever. Same with accessories. Scarves and bits of jewelry are easy to slip on (usually) and they just add a bit more interest to the day's outfit. White shirts and dark jeans are great basics, and it's a great foundation for the day's outfit. Really, that's all there is to it. Plus, if it's cool out you can pull on an extra layer and you'll be warm the entire day.

'Tomboy look' isn't too specific, but for some random suggestions I'd suggest a baggy cardigan or boyfriend blazer over a fitted t-shirt. On that note, your t-shirt and jeans are the base for your outfit, and these should fit perfectly and flatter your figure. Not necessarily tight, but they should the the proper size and cut the way you prefer. Dark jeans, chucks, white t-shirt, and a vest and scarf add interest to your everyday outfit, while spending only a few extra seconds getting dressed for the day. Try mixing some button-up shirts into your wardrobe, they aren't hard to put on and they add some variety. And a good one should be just as comfortable as your usual t-shirts, as well.

If you feel like it, learn to tie a tie with a four-in-hand knot and wear it with a dress shirt. Make sure your tie is nice and loose so that you still have a casual feel to your outfit. Something like this should give you an idea of what I'm talking about. http://image.com.com/tv/images/features/All_2008/Fashion_Awards/Onair_Best_Overall_Fashion_Female/Blake_Lively.jpg

Hope I helped!

Downloads
    Uploads
    One. Its just the way you are, your comfortable with it. So its perfectly fine dressing like a tomboy. How about buying some graphic tees and jeans are okay I personally prefer dark jeans. You can try forever21 if you have one around where you live they have a selection of clothes.

maybe some thing like these (just some suggestions):
    http://shop.pacsun.com/girls/tees/v-neck-tees/Blue-Eyes-V-Neck-Tee/index.pro
    http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fna me=top%5Fgraphict&product%5Fid=2054306043&Page=all
    http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fna me=top%5Fcasual&product%5Fid=2069201286&Page=2
    http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=6 0&startValue=61&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=1 5790470&parentid=W_APP_TEES_GRAPHIC&sortProperties =+subCategoryPosition,+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=45&navAction=poppushpus h&color=&pushId=W_APP_TEES_GRAPHIC&popId=WOMENS_AP PAREL&prepushId=

I know us girls do get self-conscious some times but dont let those two goofy balls get to ya their probably shallow anyway and rather judge you rather than get to know you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    how about j crew, its plain there