I want to start planning to open a fashion boutique. I know that I cannot figure out an exact cost right now, but I am looking for and estimated cost. I will start out renting a space, but rent aside what is an estimated cost I will need for merchandise, employee pay, fixing up the space, and whatever else I will need to start off? What stages of planning can I start right now since I don't think I will be able to do this for a few years? I want everything planned out so that when I do finally open I can stay in business. Where do I begin to look to buy merchandise wholesale? I would like to carry some higher end products but some affordable ones as well. I just don't know what you need to open one (computers, programs, merchandise, and all of the legal stuff) and where to start looking. Like I said, I don't want to start talking to a lawyer or the city officials until I know what I'm doing. Any help or advice would be great. I am starting to write down all of my ideas in a book so when it comes time to write up a business plan I can look back and figure out what will work and what won't.