Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just some clever thinking on the part of some attention seekers.

Downloads
    Uploads

How do High School trends start?

I am well out of High School now, two years in College and just wondered how the popular kids always seemed to follow the newest trends. Where do these things come from? Do they just watch "The Hills" and try to mimick them or does someone pay them to wear certain stuff so other kids do. I have always wondered where this crap originated from.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah they don't start the trends they pretty much just keep up with them by watching TV, magazines, seeing what celebrities, singers, and rappers are wearing or saying. I think trends more so originate from top designers, and everyone else just follows along.

I don't think anyone pays them, it's more like a sociological thing. I mean no one has to tell them to go buy an expensive bag or pair of shoes. Teenagers themselves having the desire to be the best dressed or thought of as having the most money just go and do it.

Unfortunately that's just how society, doing all they can to fit in, and keep up with trends. I personally never even took the time to look at trends, it was only high school, i just wanted to slip on my jeans and go lol. Now that I'm in college its the same way lol, you just want to go and get the day over with, and dress cute on your easiest days. I could never understand how people come to school wearing dresses and heals either, but any who hope this helps : )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just some clever thinking on the part of some attention seekers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was never a trend setter, not even a trend follower, since all my life I been fashion impaired, but my little sisters were trend setters in the small town we grew in. They were always buying magazines and managed to get a look similar to the models. Guess now they follow a similar pattern, look for someone and try to look like them, so the real trend setters are the designers who end up with the money.