Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can i update my style ?

ok so im one of those girls that likes to dress with whats "in'' ...i know how to dress nice and cute or watever but the thing is that my wardrobe is kinda outdated haha. & i dont really have money to go and buy new clothes etc. if i could trust me i would have already... so MY QUESTION IS : how can i update it to be cute without having to buy new stuff ? and any cheap clothing or shoe stores you know about in the US ?

Also im 15 years old ! and stores that i like are : forever 21, H&M , victoria secret ...that type of stores (:

Downloads
    Uploads
    you're going to have to spend some money, that's just how fashion is. developing a personal style takes time. I suggest getting some teen fashion magazines that show more street style (as opposed to fancy vogue stuff) and pick out some stuff you like. Look for that while you're shopping. Also, you can go to a pricier store, try stuff on to see what you like on your body, then look for things like it at a cheaper store. I wouldn't advise a thrift store until you're more confident in your style - at places like goodwill, you have to know how to sift through all the crap to find the hidden treasures, and it's very challenging. don't do it - don't buy stuff just because it's cheap if you don't like it. Invest in more expensive pieces that you really like, make you feel beautiful, and are versatile - go with lots of things you already have, and look for solid colors and classic patterns like plaid.

some basic things every girl should have in her wardrobe:
    simple black dress that flatters YOUR body
    collared/button-down shirt in a solid color or discreet pattern
    one really amazing pair of blue jeans
    a baggy, fun sweater
    at least one each of black and brown shoes or boots
    good fitting tank tops in a few colors for under things
    one really fab leather jacket (doesn't have to be real leather) in black, brown, or grey
    ... and look for colors blue, red, white, and grey - they go with the most things

what is in right now that you can try:
    crop top - loose shirt that's shorter than normal hems (can be worn with tank underneath)
    a retro dress - retro is big right now so 50s-70s style casual dresses are everywhere
    "brogue" shoes - the lace-up "leather" kind men wear, but for girls - they are easy to wear and classic

you could also try updating stuff you already have: you can cut an old baggy t-shirt to make a crop top, and roll up (or for shirt cut first) old pants to make a new style. You can also rip some of your old jeans for a cool distressed thing.

grunge and baggy things that just look thrown together are in right now too, so revisit some of the clothes you think are outdated - old, too-big looking shirts, ripped jeans, and lots of layers are what it's about right now. get some ideas from fashion magazines on how to pair and layer stuff in new ways - sometimes you just need to look at it differently. BUT, if it's too small, THROW IT OUT. too small is just not worth keeping.

Downloads
    Uploads
    uhhh. i heard on Burlington they have cheap clothes and you can brag about it! lol but you can always attach stuff together that you neevr done before to make it look more unique thats i would do sometimes