Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can I be in fashion??

Ok well I am 15 and I like fashion. Well my dad dosen't like fashion LOL (its not important to him) and so he gives me really no money for clothes and accessories and such. Basically I have to buy everything on sale or clearance for really cheap, $10 or less and the problem with that is I have a lot of stuff in my closet but most of which I don't like very much and I only bought because It was cheap. He thinks one bag is enough and that accessories are not important. I don't have my own money and I can't get a job. I also have a hard time finding clothes that fit because I am kind of short and small so a lot of the times when I do find something its either too long or they don't have my size on clearance/sale. How can I be in fashion?? Thanks!!
    Oh I also have to add that my family dosen't have a lot of money right now so that dosen't help anything!!
    gg - I know about fashion the problem is that I can't buy anything I really like unless its really cheap on sale or clearance because my dad dosen't think fashion is important!!
    captsnuf - your right. my dad only has 3 pairs of pants, 3 shirts, a pair of shoes, and his work clothes, that's it!!
    Trust me I know about fashion. I don't want the most expensive things and I don't want logos plastered all over me. I like things that I can wear year after year, like a baby doll top that I can wear a cute tank under, some jeans, a cute accessories...

Here is a sence of my style (I made these outfits for other people but they are still my style):
    http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=3314839

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=1095261
    http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=1130654 (this one needs some accessories)
    http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=2864196

Downloads
    Uploads
    sit down and talk with your dad about how fashion is important to girls, where it doesn't matter to boys, some dads just don't know these things.
    i never understood it with my daughters and wife and granddaughters, i just know that's how girls are. guys can be happy with sox and shoes (or boots) and a pair of bluejeans and a tshirt and we really don't see anything wrong with wearing that to church too. you may need another woman to explain it to him, dad's can be thick headed at times.
    dad ought to loosen up in the wallet a bit for his daughter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the store he is refering to is called Steve and Barry's. But I think they are going bankrupt. But that would have been a great option. I suggest looking through magazines if you like a style imitate it by going through sales racks, or like forever21.

Downloads
    Uploads
    uh, that one sarah jessica parker store were everthing is is prty cool i guess, and yea plain tight t shirts over white t shirt is cool to yeah but yeah email me if u need more k thx vbaoi

Junior Member I_have_sth_to_say's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it's not good to shop always from clerances but I'm like that too..
    My advices are..

First Advice: Spot few outlets that belong to good brands or just the brands you like their style.Try to visit there often to see if they have something new,if not,not a big deal.If they got anything new that's just great cuz in that way you have a better chance to get your sizes before everybody finds out that there s a cute abercrombie hoodie in that outlet store.

Second One:Get a good sense of style of your own.
    Are you actually mind controlled by famous big brands?I hope not.They are generally styled and manufactured for different body types and different styles.So get a good sense of style of your own to not to spend money on bargain but unwanted items.After all brand doesnt mean everything,you could look horrible even in a Chanel and beautiful in a simple dress.

The Third:Give them a good look before deciding.
    So you decided that they are not good enough.I know they may not be perfect and may be a shirt of the last season,just look at it before throwing it off.Nobody memorizes all the catalogue and you are not meant to throw your clothes after the season change,so let the people think that you have bought that shirt months ago and you are still wearing it casually.By the way,for example if you have a shirt which is big for your shape,try wearing it with a skinny jean.Hollywood stars do it,why wouldnt you?

Fourthont buy the things which have bold sense of fashion.
    It may be sooo HOT for that day but you won't wear a high waisted neon pink jean after a year believe me.So dont buy such things.

Fifth:Give Jeans a Chance
    Blue Jeans are good things to buy since they can't change much.

Sixth and the Last Oneo it yourself!!
    Okay,what I mean is;
    You have : 1-Plain White Tshirt 2-A cute but large top which has a nice graphic on it.

Cut the logo off and sew it to your simple shirt.You can even fake a hollister if you could sew nice.

jeez..I wrote so much,I hope it helps.