Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which of the following urbanization trends is true?

According to current projections, by 2007, 75% of the world's population will live in urban areas for the first time in history.

Currently, most urban growth in the world is occurring in developing countries.

Cities in developing nations tend to have more females while cities in highly developed countries often have a higher ratio of males to females.

Urbanization in developed countries is increasing at a more rapid rate than in developing countries.

According to the United Nations, there are almost 100 cities worldwide with a population of at least 1 million inhabitants.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wrong section
    I did take AP Human Geography last year though and urbanization was a huge part of the course.
    I dont remember much to be honest lol but I can tell you that Im pretty sure its not that cities in developing nations have more females.
    If I remember correctly,and as Im studying AP World History now,looking at history,males were usually the first to do that kind of stuff yknow?
    Like the men would become more educated (especially in developing countries.I believe theyre also called LDCs compared to developing countries,MDCs).They then move into urvan areas for work because of their higher level of education.

To me,I think its the second one with the 'Most urban growth is occuring in LDCs'. Because though they are not as urbanized,they are probably making much more progress than the MDCs by maybe taking ideas from the already established MDCs.
    Also,the first one is incorrect.Because idk, 75% of the world is a big number.So using logic,think about an obvious place with a huge population,like the continent of Africa.Then a few Asian countries are agricultural based.Its not the fourth choice (at least thats my guess) because though MDCs are making progress,it might be slower than LDCs.If you have your textbook,I suggest you check that.Because if Im wrong,then it is the fourth option.

Im not sure about the last one.I dont think so but you can always Google that because its easy information.Sooo thats all my remaining knowledge of urbanization from last year combined with some of my knowledge of this year's history class.lol Just use the process of elimnation and some logic to think it through and you'll get the answer easily (how I passed the ap exam ) Hope this helps