Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

fashion stresses me out so bad?

i feel stressed out enough trying to put outfits together
    but not only is it hard for me to figure out what's cute and what goes with what,
    but i have no money!!! all my money goes towards gas.
    so finally i have some money and i'll buy a cute dress from forever21
    but then i don't have any accessories to go with it. as if i even know what would go with it anyways.
    then i think about how i need shoes because i literally only have a few pairs of flip flops.
    i have absolutely no heels so i'm screwed every time i wanna go to a party or somewhere nice.
    and then i realize that i need so many makeup items that i also can't afford
    and then there's hair and skin products and nail polish and omgggggggg does this stress anyone else out?!
    i'm practically in tears every day because people make such a huge deal out of fashion, and here i am with not much of a fashion sense. and hardly any money to buy anything.
    what's worse is that i feel like i'm the only one. everyone else looks so cute and manages to get the things they need for their outfits
    i try and try but once i get one item, i need like twenty more.
    pleaseeee help me! how on earth do you get a cute complete wardrobe?!

what if you have no one to go shopping with?
    you don't have money?
    you don't know how to match clothes?
    yes, i am aware that there are more important things in the world but come on, this world is obsessed with fashion. and i can't help but stress over it! ughhh
    oh and i forgot purses! don't even get me started on purses. i don't have any, i don't have money for any. ahhhhhh it's so difficult being a girl

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just adding on to what The FAME said, go to wetseal, they have amazingly cute and fashionable clothes, for really cheap! yo ucan get 3 or four cute shirts for 15-20 dollars...
    \(and they have dresses, and tons of sales!!!)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay calm down. The world isn't going to end because your shoes don't match your dress.

-What I suggest you do is save up some money. It doesn't have to be that much. Maybe $130. Go to the mall and get basic items like tank tops and jean shorts. Then get 1 nice shirt and 1 pair of nice pants. Oh and don't go to expensive designer stores, because you are going to walk out with nothing. Go to stores like Kohls and Target to get great deals.
    -Then focus on accessories to dress up those items. Claire's and Forever 21 has really cute jewelry for cheap. Get a necklace that goes with everything, small hoop earrings, and a ring.
    -Go to a store like Payless and get 2 nice pairs of shoes. Payless had really nice shoes for extremely cheap prices! Get a pair of heels and a pair of flats.
    -For a purse, they sell really cute ones in Target or any store like that. Macy's has really cute bags and the always send out coupons.
    -For makeup, use drugstore stuff for now. Here is a really pretty drugstore makeup look that costs under $25 dollars:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ru6g6hBEDs
    -For hair just get a frizz control cream for now and if you have any extra money you can get a drug store straightener.
    -Talking about nail polishes, I suggest getting a light pink and a nude color which will match with anything and you can get those from the drug store.

Just remember to save up for the basics and get those over time. Then you can start getting more of the "wants" rather than the "needs"

I hope I helped and if you follow these tips you are going to be very fashionable!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    you don't need money to be fashionable. i'm in school for fashion design, and trust me, if you are comfortable in something, then rock it out as bad as you can! a t shirt and jeans can be so amazingly cute with flip flops, and if you just take a step back and look at smaller pieces, like a skirt with a tank top, it will work! it isn't as big of a struggle as you'd think. there are key pieces, like a white shirt, a pair of jeans, they look good and you can mix them with ANYTHING! and don't worry about a purse now, just pick up a good one when you have the cash. if all else fails, just look on the internet and see what colors go with what, and what styles are right for you

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well... make a budget... and then scrape all the money you can out... lol. If you need help... hang around the sort of people that will help... or just get a gay friend

Downloads
    Uploads
    don't worry about a thing you don't always have to dress up sometimes i just feel like putting on a sweatshirt and jeans and then leaving the house. It doesn't matter what others think its your opinion if you like it then great that's what matters and when with Friends shopping you don't have to buy anything they shouldn't care they are your Friends they wont think your inferior to them. also you don't always need to accessorize. fashion is your opinon. you can go to thrift storessome have awesome finds at steals. forever 21 is great too. Personally i love fashion and i love picking outfits but i wont stress about it. GOOD LUCK

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can totally agree but theres simple ways you can try to manage your money more smartly (i'm sure you do already but a 2nd opinion is what your here for ) but like try not to eat out (pack a lunch or snacks from home), and when you get money, buy staples you can mix up, you don't need to match your clothing, different colors can flow together (like a pink shirt and a turquoise necklace). But some staples could be: black skinny pants (you can wear them casual or dressy), black or gray cardigan (these are usually $20 but I'm sure target has a little bit cheaper prices for that), and non ribbed tank tops or off the shoulder top. Go to stores like ross or marshalls and have a rule; any top that's more than $20 don't buy it, and at those stores, you can get pretty cheap jeans, skirts, and pants (I've bought like $12 skinny jeans from there). For footwear, you can buy a black or brown color strappy sandal from wet seal or forever 21 or ross or marshalls or stores like love culture (again don't spend over $20). And then buy 1 pair of black heels from ross (black heels never go out of style; i bought an open toed heel with a little bow like 3 years ago and you can still wear them out and people compliment me on them and plus their so comfy). For purses: you probably need a clutch if you go clubbing or something(again any of those mall stores sell them, even stores like walmart or ross ). And for an actual purse (which you should buy before you have money for a clutch) you can spend like $20 - $30 at ross, marshalls, or any mall store and get a decent one ( I don't know about your local marshalls, but the one in my city has a shipment of super cute pink tommy hilfigure bags-tommy hilfigure isn't a great company but the purse looks sooooo cute and it was only $20)). I can totally relate to your situation because I'm a college student from another country so I can't work in america so I always have to shop on a budget; whenever I get money I spend it wisely on clothes ( I keep that $20 rule in mind at stores like ross and forever 21 and occasionally I splurge on things like sweaters and sneakers). Oh, walmart has some cute clothes under their miley label ( and one time, they even had their denim leggings on sale for $3 !!!! , and a bunch of other clothes for super cheap)..You should try to buy 1 - 2 items each month and for makeup, you can always go to drugstore brands and go on youtube to see tutorials. For jewelry like necklaces, maybe get a gold necklace thats long and has a few color bead or something and use that with multiple outfits instead of buying a super matchy necklace for each outfit, for earings you can wear studs or slowly collect earings from forever 21. Another tip for skin products is to only use face wash and do an at home weekly scrub (take brown sugar, oatmeal and honey and milk (enough to make a paste) and scrub your face with it for about 2 minutes). I kinda did stress me out that I can't afford to shop at bebe or a&f or buy lucky brand jeans but then I found my own style and found that I don't have to spend a ton to look cute (and if your looking for fashion inspiration, you can always go to forever 21 or other websites and see what looks cute). Or you can post a question on here about finding a budget friendly outfit or something; and look for my response