Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fashion career troubles?

I'm in highschool, and i need to start thinking about my career. And ever since i was little i wanted to do something in fashion. My older brother always tells me I won't go anywhere and i should get a "real" job like a lawyer. And it struck me. Maybe he's right, what if i'm broke my entire life, and don't go anywhere, but the other problem is, i feel that if i don't do something in fashion i won't be happy, because it's my dream. But it's true, what if i have no cash my whole life, and can barely afford a thing?

I'm so stuck. What do i do? My adviser is already upset i'm not totally set on what i want to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    maybe look more into the fashion career path. there is more than one job than involves fashion. maybe try something more solid to begin with, but have some training and ability to do whatever it is you want. try to get started on your time off of work. if you get a nice job, then you may be able to use that as a stepping stone to the career you want, maybe you can gain some useful connections.
    on the other hand, i totally get what you mean by wanting to go for it all. maybe you could go into something in college (since you can change majors if necessary) and look for a job meanwhile or internship during college to get you a start and see how that goes.
    maybe you could try to find some common ground, something that could allow you the career you dream of or a more solid, reliable job...something so you could decide later based on opportunity and something that would allow you more time to make up your mind - not to mention, should you find something better or your preferences change.
    keep in mind, that not everything other than what you want is really boring. being a lawyer isn't the only other option, for example.
    maybe you could even look into the business side of it?
    at some point in time, you should let yourself have a chance at your dream, keep that in mind and good luck