Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Calling all Fashion Mavens -- need "good taste" advice!?

My angelic husband gave me a gorgeous pair of diamond stud earrings for Christmas, which I love. I want to wear them to an upcoming New Years Eve party, because I think it would please him, too.

Now, my party dress is all black (patterned silk), and I usually wear pearls with it. What can I wear with it this year, since I'll be wearing the diamonds? I don't have a diamond necklace. I'm afraid it'll look too severe by itself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could buy a diamond necklace to match the earrings! Or if you cant afford it try getting a necklace that is silver or you could buy a silver necklace!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could do a silver necklace from Tiffany- If you have that money to spend.
    Do something silver that compliments the earrings without distracting the attention away from the dress.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try wearing something with the color metal of the earrings. If they're silver, wear a silver necklace of sorts, or if they're gold, wear some type of gold necklace. Technically, you could even wear something with another color in the necklace since you're only wearing black silk and diamonds. Maybe if you had time to go shopping, you could find a fake diamond necklace that you like. Cubic zirconia and diamonds look pretty much the same, so I'm sure no one would be able to tell, and then you would have something for future need. If worse comes to worse, ask for your husbands or a friends advice as to whether or not your outfit looks to severe without the necklace, and if they say no, then I'm sure you'll look great!!