Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is Beck, Hannity and O'Reilly's interview style "fair and balanced"?

The following are things that are likely to happen in one of these Fox News interviews:

The host....

* Talks over anyone who disagrees with them
    * Discredits guests immediately before interviewing them, so as to influence the way the viewer perceives the interview its self.
    * Ends shows with a controversial question, which cannot possibly be answered in the final 5 seconds of the show -- often this involves boiling an issue down to a yes or no question -- in an effort to discredit the guests. (Hannity especially)
    * Mutes the microphone of the guests, if what they say doesn't align with his own views (O'Reilly especially)
    * Still, to this day, claims that to not support the war is to not support the troops. (O'Reilly especially)
    * Launches unrelated personal attacks against his guest, if the discussion is not going his way. (Hannity especially)
    * Cuts interviews short, and says "I just wanted you see how much of an idiot she was".

Is this "fair and balanced"? Where's the left-wing equivalent of these three on Fox to balance Beck, Hannity and O'Reilly out?
    Walt - Are you saying it's impossible to lean to the right without talking over people and muting microphones? I don't see other news channels doing this.
    I take their slogan "Fair and balanced" to mean "We are fair and balanced". Are you saying it means "We balance out some other news program on another channel"?
    Ravage -- so you take "fair and balanced" to mean "we balance out the liberals"... Do you really think it doesn't mean "we are fair and balanced"?
    O'Reilly doesn't always give guests the last word. I was a daily watcher of his show until the Obama hatefest shifted into high gear. I remember a 29 year female army vet who had a very centrist view on Iraq (tolerant of people who disagreed with the war), and he cut her mic of.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There really should be a law that makes it illegal for right wing c*cksuckers to talk.