Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any ideas how to style my hair differently?

I have dark blonde medium length hair which is naturally curly/wavy. I don't have bangs/ fringe

I always like to wear to 'up' and rarely straighten it. My favourite hairstyle is the side braid.

Do you know any other hairstyle or Youtube videos etc which you think I might like?

Thanks in advance

Downloads
    Uploads
    HOW TO STYLE MEDIUM HAIR:
    Do a classic side part and keep hair down all day.
    Pull back big curls to show off your pretty face, by using headbands.
    Flip up the ends, a la Mary Tyler Moore.
    Make your undo as unique as your color.
    Tease that crown. Smooth, headband, done.
    Go for long layers and a natural-looking shade of brown, the girl next doo 'do!
    Try an overside Material Girl-inspired bow.
    Pony up. Can't go wrong with this simple style.
    Give ruby red hair a sophisticated twist front, make a bun on the back.
    Tuck two cornrows into a neat little bun.
    Tie on a ribbon. Blair Waldorf would approve!
    Creat a cutesy side-swept fishtail braid.
    Bring on the Technicolor to update a retro look.
    Try DIY hair accessories - no rules apply!
    Weave ribbon into a braided headband.
    Wear a chill beanie and let your hair be.
    Mix leave-in conditioner and alcohol-free gel to style springy, crunch-free curls. Wear a fedora hat.
    Do you like the movie the Hunger Games? I haven't seen it, but I saw it briefly during their trailer. My hairstyle (for weeks) came from the movie, and have seen them last week during Dancing with the Stars. Dayana Mendoza the Miss Universe, recently on the Apprentice had that same hairstyle, & recently Florence Welch wore her hair during the Met Gala. Google her. Took about 10 mins. to do, use bobby pins to secure the braids to your head. Magazines called that the Goddess look or the Halo crown. I've seen it in The Savages.
    THINK BIG: The new blowout is all about big, bouncy volume. Start blow-drying hair with a large barrel brush, set in loose pin curls for 10 minutes, then shake out until ends are wavy.
    Grunge rock and roll meets retro punk - example Kristen Stewart @ the MTV Award. Sexy, textured and undone hair.

HEAT & CHEMICALS are your hair's worst enemies. Scrunch with gel or hand lotion, is better.
    Wear a scarf on windy days to avoid frizz.

One method to make it look fuller, add body, tame the curls, bouncier, thicker, SEXIER, softer & shinier hair is to set your hair with plastic curlers (not Velcro) after you towel dry, you'll end up with uniform balance of curls. Blow dry briefly while curling them in curlers. Take them out, and finger comb to style. When you're finished, use your fingers to shake your hair allowing it to fall naturally into place. Used by the best hair color models, and the fashion industry, like Victoria Secret Fashion Show Dec. 2009, 2010, & 2011, America's Next Top Models, EXPRESS, Toddlers & Tiaras, Dance Moms, Dancing with the Stars, Kris Jenner, Kim Kardashian, even used on Oprah's hair . . . . and continued to be used today where salons care about pampering your hair. When you see hair on TV a hair color commercial, they're not done by curling or straightening tools. Hair that shines like that and feels like hair, not hay, has to be done by the best hair tools available w/out damaging to the hair. When you take the curlers out, finger comb to style or lightly brush. Tousle the hair up. or shake your hair. You can use large, medium or small curlers, that depends on the length of your hair. Think of JLo's hair, she was voted as the Sexiest Woman by People magazine and Glamour's Woman of the Year 2011.

To create Kate Middleton's curls: To create her curls, her stylist waits until it's "80 percent wet and then uses a good blow dryer with a concentrator nozzle and a real-bristle brush."

Google: Imogen Thomas wears rollers in her hair to take out the trash.