So I am working on a fashion project for my art class. I have to design three outfits for women -- one casual, one formal, and one inspired by Georges-Pierre Seurat. (The third one is my particular assignment; I pulled Seurat's name out of a box). The three outfits we design don't have to be cohesive, but I would like mine to be.

I'm almost finished with my first sketches but I'm kind of stuck with them. I'm into the natural, woodsy, almost hippie kind of style for clothes, so that's how I based my casual and formal outfits. Do you think that they would look good alongside the nineteenth-century inspired dress that I have for my Seurat girl, though? Or should I just not worry about cohesion, since I'm not being graded for that anyway? (I'm graded on "concept" and "execution.")

Also, what are some examples of organic or "green" fabrics that I can use? And where would I be able to obtain them, just at a regular craft store? I don't have to actually construct the outfits, I just have to have the designs and the swatches of fabric to be used.

My Seurat outfit looks very similar to the dress that the lady under the black umbrella is wearing in "Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jette," only somewhat more modern. I wanted to use Seurat's pointillism for color but I don't know how I would do that with fabric..

If anyone could give me some advice about this ... that would be great