It’s the holidays, time for Ugly Sweaters and the like to take center stage, and Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins did his part to celebrate the season. After the Redskins’ 41-21 dismantling of the Chicago Bears, Cousins showed up at the postgame interview podium that looked like the offspring of Cam Newton’s wardrobe and a Christmas tree:
Kirk Cousins celebrates the season. (Via Twitter) As it turned out, Cousins wasn’t planning to wear something so outlandish; his wife pulled a fast one on him and packed the suit without him knowing. “The story is that my wife always packs my suit and I just grab the bag when I come home and don’t even look at it. I opened it up just now and saw this,” Cousins said, according to CSN Washington. “It comes with pants and a matching tie, but I thought that was overkill.”
After the press conference, Cousins donned the pants, and they looked darn festive:
Cousins went with the tie and pants after his presser. #Redskins pic.twitter.com/bmJpiDfL1K
— Rich Tandler (@Rich_TandlerCSN) December 24, 2016
“We won and it’s Christmas Eve. I thought, ‘Why not?’ And more importantly [Redskins VP of Communications] Tony Wyllie OK’d it.” (Wyllie has a unique way of enforcing his will on Redskins players, and the media that try to interview them.)
Washington is still very much in the hunt for a playoff spot, which would be a welcome present indeed … as long as Cousins’ wife doesn’t pack a New Year’s Baby diaper for him to wear next week.

____
Jay Busbee is a writer for Yahoo Sports and the author of EARNHARDT NATION, on sale now at Amazon or wherever books are sold. Contact him at [email protected] or find him on Twitter or on Facebook.