A Tennessee woman is charged with first-degree attempted murder after she allegedly stabbed her husband because she felt he was worshiping Sunday's Sprint Cup Series race at Bristol.
This may be the most bizarre NASCAR-related crime we've seen in a while. Maybe ever.
In perhaps a sadly ironic detail, Stephanie Hamman allegedly stabbed Steven Hamman in front of the altar of a church. She drove her car through the Providence Church in Church Hill, Tenn. because police officers said she told them she felt God told her she needed to be inside and the doors to the church were locked.
Steven Hamman went to check on Stephanie after she called him and as she was lying in front of the altar she stabbed him in the chest with a large kitchen knife. Steven Hamman was able to remove the knife from his chest and retreat back to their apartment where he called police.
Stephanie Hamman was transported to a local medical center by relatives per the Bluefield Daily Telegraph, interviewed by police there and arrested.
In her police statement, Stephanie said she had been smoking marijuana all day.
"After I drove through the doors, I put all the things I brought to the church at the altar," she said in her statement. "I called Steven and told him I had wrecked. I laid down in front of the altar until he got there. The devil told me to take the kitchen knife with me. I prayed I would not have to use it on him, but I did."
She also asked in her statement if her husband was dead or not. No, he's not. According to the Times News, Steven Hamman was listed in fair condition at the medical center on Monday afternoon.
Stephanie Hamman also said she has visions when she smokes.

"I smoke a bunch of weed," she said in her statement. "I love to smoke it. Sometimes when I do, I start seeing things that others don't. Isn't God good? He told me that this would happen and just look, I am okay."
Sunday's race was delayed twice by rain, including for almost three hours and 20 minutes after 124 laps were completed. Carl Edwards won as a switch to turn the caution lights on was accidentally hit with two laps to go.
- - - - - - -
Nick Bromberg is the editor of From The Marbles on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter! Follow @NickBromberg