Last week, Aaron Murray and Zach Mettenberger showed us why we all love college football.
In a back-and-forth contest between Georgia and LSU, the game was still up in the air until the final play – and we were all glued to the television. Murray had a career-defining game-winning drive and Mettenberger probably improved his draft stock.
It’s going to be hard to top that game, so before we look ahead to this week’s slate, let’s look back on a week that was:
We just mentioned this, but it’s worth another celebratory look:

Here’s the best interception return of the year:

This dude got fired:

And so did this one:

This quarterback's fans wants him benched:

This defense finally showed up:

And this was just sick:

OK, that’s your review. Here’s what to watch in Week 6:
Game of the week:
No. 25 Maryland at No. 8 Florida State, 12 p.m. ET
When the season started, no one had this game marked on the calendar. But Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston and the play of Maryland’s offense has made this an intriguing game. Maryland is coming off a bye week, but prior to that shocked the college football world with a 37-0 stomping of West Virginia. Florida State struggled against Boston College, but its freshman phenom quarterback got the Seminoles the win. Many probably marked this as a Florida State win at the beginning of the year, but now it might be one of the best ACC games of the year.
Game to watch:
No. 15 Washington at No. 5 Stanford, 10:30 p.m. ET

This is a revenge game for Stanford, which lost to Washington 17-13 a year ago. In that game, Stanford failed to score an offensive touchdown, but the Cardinal shouldn't have any trouble this year. Under quarterback Kevin Hogan, who didn’t start last year game, the Cardinal offense is surging, averaging 41.3 points per game, including 48.5 in conference play. Washington has shown some toughness this season and the ability to grit out games, but the Huskies will probably be overmatched in this one.
Also check out…
West Virginia at No. 17 Baylor, 8 p.m. ET

Other than Oregon, no team has been as fun to watch as Baylor. The problem, however, is that no one has seen Baylor play this season because it’s schedule has been too poor for mainstream TV. OK, so maybe they’ve been on television, but few have stuck around to watch the Bears put 69 on Wofford, 70 on Buffalo and another 70 on Louisiana-Monroe. But now, conference play starts and we’ll see whether Baylor is really that good or just a product of its schedule. West Virginia comes to Waco with a lot of confidence after its upset of Oklahoma State, but can it keep up with Baylor’s fast-paced scheme?

Don't waste your time with:
No. 7 Louisville at Temple, 12 p.m. ET

Many people want to see Teddy Bridgewater win the Heisman Trophy, but no one wants to see him do it against such a sad schedule. Last weekend, he beat up on Florida International and this week it’s a Temple team that lost to FCS opponent Fordham and Idaho. Bridgewater might throw for 300-plus yards and four touchdowns in three quarters, but will anyone take those stats seriously?
Keep an eye on:
Air Force and Navy

This isn’t necessarily one of the top games of the weekend, but after all the drama that surrounded it this week with the government shutdown, it’s at least worth a quick look. This is the first leg for the Commander-in-Chief Trophy, which is awarded to the Service Academy that wins the round robin between the three schools (Army, Navy and Air Force). Navy is the reigning winner of the trophy.
Upset alert:
Arkansas (+11.5) vs. Florida, 7 p.m. ET

I know, I know, this is the second consecutive week I’ve put Florida on upset alert. I should have learned my lesson last week when the Gators covered against Kentucky, but anyone who has watch Arkansas the past couple weeks has seen something click in that team. I’m not saying they’re going to win this game, but they have found enough offense to at least hang with Florida and make this a game.
- - -
Want to join the conversation? Hit us up on Twitter @YahooDrSaturday be sure to "Like" Dr. Saturday on Facebook for football conversations and stuff you won't see on the blog.