Can Lance Kendricks produce TE1 numbers for the third week in a row? (Photo by Michael Thomas/Getty Images) It’s time for another TGIF addition of Deep Sleepers and DFS Bargains. I hit on J.J. Nelson and C.J. Fiedorowicz in Week 8, but Peyton Barber let me down in epic fashion (though, in my defense, Dirk Koetter’s insistence on over-feeding the undersized Jacquizz Rodgers proved to be unwise). With six teams on bye again in Week 9, the options are far from plentiful. But I’ve done some digging and suggest the following three guys… with two potential bonuses for those of you in desperation mode.

To review… all of these players are owned in less than sixty percent of Yahoo leagues (at time of writing) and/or are a significant value in our daily game. They’re not the obvious picks, and they’re not without their risks, but that’s why they’re so cheap and available! I’d never advocate taking all of these guys, but rather utilizing them if a manager were in a pinch at a position or aiming to build a “stars and scrubs” sort of DFS lineup.
[Play our $125K Baller | Free Yahoo Cup entry | Tips for your Daily lineup]

Kendall Wright, WR, Tennessee Titans ($17)
Since entering the lineup in Week 4, Wright has been second in team targets behind Delanie Walker. The Titans’ WR1, Wright has scored in two of his last three games. It’s no coincidence that Marcus Mariota’s play also improved once the veteran receiver shook off rust and returned to vintage form in Week 5.
Admittedly, Wright isn’t seeing a large snap share, but his effectiveness while on the field can’t be contested. A dominant force in the slot, the Baylor product is likely to draw CB Brandon Flowers this Sunday at San Diego. On a unit that has allowed the fifth most receiving yards on the season, Flowers has been the most generous, giving up an average of 4 catches per game. Considering that Walker is dinged up, Wright’s chances of producing in back-to-back weeks are high.
[Week 9 rankings: Overall |*FLEX | QB | RB | WR | TE | DEF | K]

C.J. Prosise, RB, Seattle Seahawks ($10)
A converted wide receiver drafted in the third round, Prosise sat out the start of the season due to a hand injury. This past Sunday he saw his first significant action, running as the team’s RB2 behind Christine Michael. His rushing volume was nothing special, but his usage in the passing game was telling. Catching all four of his targets for 80 receiving yards, the rookie showed off his Swiss Army knife skill set and was on the field for just five fewer snaps than Michael.
Prosise seems to have filled a precise (couldn’t resist) role that this offense has craved for years (remember my C.J. Spiller love from a few weeks back?). He’s still the No. 2 to Michael while Thomas Rawls is sidelined, but his stock is trending upward. Facing a Bills squad that was brutalized by short yardage receivers Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola last Sunday, Prosise could get lucky.
[Join a Yahoo Daily Fantasy Basketball contest now | Free NBA Yahoo Cup entry]
Lance Kendricks, TE, Los Angeles Rams ($14)
While the bulk of the fantasy community seems smitten with Brian Quick’s sleeper potential in Week 9, I think the play is Lance Kendricks. With Jared Cook no longer stealing snaps, the long-time Ram has emerged as a legit pass-catching weapon. On the field for over 98 percent of the team’s offensive opportunities, the former second round pick is a heavily relied upon piece of this offense.
Averaging nearly six catches per contest, Kendricks has garnered seventeen looks over his last two outings. Scoring in Week 6 and racking up 7 catches for 55 yards in Week 7 (the team was on bye in Week 8), the Wisconsin product has been a TE1 in back-to-back games. This Sunday, he’ll face a Panthers defense that has given up TDs to TEs (Vance McDonald, Kyle Rudolph, Jacob Tamme, and Coby Fleener) in four of their last seven games. Still available in over 90 percent of Yahoo leagues, Kendricks is a solid streaming option with six teams on bye in Week 9.
[Sign up to play Yahoo Fantasy Hockey for free | Mock Draft | Latest news]

BONUS:
Dontrelle Inman, WR, San Diego Chargers ($12)
Travis Benjamin is battling a PCL strain. Tyrell Williams has been dealing with a knee issue of his own, which required a second opinion earlier in the week. The team has relied on Inman when the other two receivers have struggled, as evidenced by his 7-120-1 stat line in Week 4. He’s got a solid matchup against the Titans secondary, a unit that helped Allen Hurns get healthy again (78-98-1) in Week 8.
[Week 9 rankings: Overall |*FLEX | QB | RB | WR | TE | DEF | K]
Sammie Coates, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers ($19)
Assuming Big Ben plays, Coates becomes a solid WR3/Flex play with massive upside. With a week off to let his hand heal, Coates is expected to be the Steelers No. 2 WR. Lining up opposite Antonio Brown is one of football’s greatest jobs, as evidenced by Martavis Bryant’s 2015 numbers. In a matchup against the Ravens’ ultra-generous secondary (a unit that has given up the third most fantasy points per game of the last month), Coates offers more boom than bust.
Tim Hightower, RB, New Orleans Saints ($14)
I don’t love Hightower in DFS this week, mainly because I think too many people will be on him. That said, I do believe he’s a fine plug-in option for season-long managers trying to muscle through the apocalyptic wasteland that is the running back landscape. Per Sean Payton, both Hightower and Mark Ingram are expected to be involved this Sunday. However, the 49ers are generous enough vs. the run (they’re giving up an average of 185 rushing yards per contest) that both RBs could produce in this matchup.
[Play our $125K Baller | Free Yahoo Cup entry | Tips for your Daily lineup]

Kenneth Dixon, RB, Baltimore Ravens ($10)
I’d like to see it before I believe it, but given John Harbaugh’s recent overtures about getting the rookie more involved, Dixon is a player to watch. Coming off a bye there’s a good shot he’s further baked into the Ravens offensive plans, especially facing a Steelers defense that has struggled vs. the run as of late. If you don’t need to play Dixon then don’t, but currently owned in under 15 percent of Yahoo leagues, he may be a guy you want to stash.
Follow Liz on Twitter @LizLoza_FF.