UFC welterweight Nick Diaz misses fighting. Well, sort of.
The bombastic contender last fought in March 2013 when he lost a one-sided unanimous decision to then champion Georges St. Pierre. Before that, Diaz served a suspension for failing a drug test and lost a close decision to Carlos Condit for the interim UFC welterweight belt while St. Pierre was out of commission with knee issues.
This past weekend, Diaz was at UFC 170 to watch his home girl Ronda Rousey defend her women's bantamweight title against Sara McMann. Afterwards, Diaz spoke to reporters about sitting on the sidelines the past year and the prospect of his returning to action.
"I miss feeling like I have something important coming up sometimes. For sure," Diaz admitted.
"As far as missing fighting? No. I don't miss going in to get my ass beat. So it's something where I'd like it to be an important deal if I'm going to fight."
The one thing that Diaz claims will bring him out of his pseudo, conditional retirement is another title fight. The Cesar Gracie black belt believes that he deserves a third straight crack at UFC gold because he's a draw.
"I'm talking about a title fight matchup," he explained.
"Bottom line, I'm the only draw here. Bottom line. We had like the third biggest [pay-per-view]. That wasn't just because of Georges St. Pierre. And these guys aren't doing that. People want to pay to see me fight, they want to see someone get knocked out or someone get tapped out, or they want to see me get my ass whooped like they've been waiting to see but they still don't get to see.

"I've been fighting for 11 years. I already did all those [contender] fights. I don't have to take a warmup fight. Why would I take a warmup fight? To help somebody out? To bring them to my level? I've already been through all that."
After St. Pierre's own departure from competition, Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler will face one another next month for the vacant UFC welterweight championship. St. Pierre teammate Rory MacDonald may have moved himself back into prime contender position with a decision win over Demian Maia at UFC 170.
Should the UFC skip Diaz ahead in line and offer him the winner of Hendricks vs. Lawler? Let us know in the comments section.
Follow Elias on Twitter @EliasCepeda & @YahooCagewriter