You know you're doing something right when you can celebrate your 40th birthday by putting on a major league uniform.*
That's an unthinkable dream for most, but it's the reality for*Minnesota Twins outfielder Torii Hunter, who on Saturday celebrated the big 4-0 with his teammates in Oakland.*
Simply seeing that No. 48 jersey hanging in his locker has to be the gift that keeps on giving for Hunter. But rest assured, it was far from the only gift he received on this special day. You just knew his teammates wouldn't let the opportunity to remind Hunter that he's the oldest active player in the clubhouse pass by, and their choice of gifts surely did not disappoint.*
[Play a Daily Fantasy contest for cash today!l]
Please observe and reserve your applause for the end.*
Gifts for his 40th birthday. @toriihunter48 pic.twitter.com/UG0lZOORbD
— Dustin Morse (@Twins_morsecode) July 18, 2015
Torii Hunter poses with his new walker and adult diapers on his 40th birthday pic.twitter.com/6SiSkQZkv6
— Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) July 18, 2015
Torii Hunter, 40, and his new walker. #mntwins pic.twitter.com/pY89MAwFrS
— Mike Berardino (@MikeBerardino) July 18, 2015
In life, Hunter is just hitting his prime.
In baseball years, he's definitely the old guy, so the old guy theme works.*
Torii is now walking around the clubhouse in a diaper and using his walker, which has a sign saying "you're old as s-." #Twins
— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) July 18, 2015
Well, that's probably a little too strong there. But having been the young guy before in a clubhouse filled with veterans he both respected and tortured on a daily basis, Hunter took it all in stride.*

I would like to thank my teammates for my Bday gifts! #diapers #wheelchairwithantilockbrakes https://t.co/HGCNk72cyg
— Torii Hunter (@toriihunter48) July 18, 2015
That's what veterans do, after all. They roll with the punches.
With that being said though, we're guessing Hunter will have some added incentive to show these young whipper snappers why he's still playing at age 40, while subtlety reminding most of them why they won't be.*
For more MLB coverage from Yahoo Sports:
- - - - - - -
Mark Townsend is a writer for Big League Stew on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter! Follow @Townie813