When Texas Tech visits West Virginia this week, it will be a new experience for many of the Red Raiders, so defensive end Branden Jackson, who is originally from McKeesport, Pa., a short drive from Morgantown, W. Va., has decided to educate them.
“I told them they’re going to smell beer from the time we get off the plane to the time we hit the stadium,” Jackson told the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. “Their fans are going to be loud. They’re going to be rude. They’re going to be crazy, but I think they’ve got one of the best stadiums to play in on the road.
“West Virginia, their student section is ridiculous. It’s going to be like having an extra player on their offense right behind you. And they’ll do their research. They’ll know our dog’s name, our best friend’s name, what gets under our skin.”
And, of course, he’s familiar with West Virginia’s most favorite pastime:
“I know how they burn couches and all that,” he said.
Well, it’s good to know the media portrayal of Morgantown isn’t that far off. We’ll see if Jackson's warning help the undefeated Red Raiders handle such a raucous environment.

- - -
Want to join the conversation? Hit us up on Twitter @YahooDrSaturday be sure to "Like" Dr. Saturday on Facebook for football conversations and stuff you won't see on the blog.