About a week ago, Tara the cat from Bakersfield, Calif. became an international hero and internet sensation by stopping a neighborhood dog from viciously making a chew toy of a little boy in her family.
On Tuesday night, Tara kept on performing the improbable by doing what celebrities do with their newfound fame: She threw out the ceremonial first pitch at a baseball game. Approximately.
With the help of her owner, Roger Triantafilo, along with a ball-on-a-string contraption, Tara had the first-pitch honors before a Bakersfield Blaze game. The Blaze are a Class A minor league affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds. As for her "throw," it wasb't purr-fect... but it got the job done. Because that's how Tara rolls.
Tara the Hero Cat, famous for saving a local boy from a dog attack, threw out the first pitch for @BakoBlaze today: pic.twitter.com/rKYc4mX3H4
— MiLB.com (@MiLB) May 21, 2014
Tara reported her version of events as well via Twitter:
Well, I gave it my best shot, but my humans really got in the way. Everyone knows I'm left pawed.
— Tara Hero Cat (@taraherocat) May 21, 2014
This video, apparently produced by the cat herself, includes more behind-the-scenes preparation for the first pitch. There's also a dancing dragon at the end, just in case you thought something was still impossible.

More MLB coverage at Yahoo Sports:

- - - - - - -
David Brown is an editor for Big League Stew on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter!Follow @AnswerDave