The Syracuse Crunch clinched the AHL’s North Division Saturday night and head into the Calder Cup playoffs with a first-round matchup against the St. John’s IceCaps.
But the real event to celebrate was the latest edition of the team’s lip sync videos — this time to the late ‘90s hit “I Want It That Way” by Backstreet Boys.
[Follow Puck Daddy on social media:*Twitter*|*Instagram*|*Facebook*|*Tumblr]
Slater Koekkoek, Matt Taormina, Tye McGinn, Mike Halmo and Daniel Walcott made up this group, all dressed in white; all wanting it that way.
You are our ????, the one desire. pic.twitter.com/RmHA9CQnXj
— y – Syracuse Crunch (@SyracuseCrunch) April 15, 2017
“It was easy, because all the boys grew up on Backstreet Boys,” Koekkoek told Lindsay Kramer of Syracuse.com. “So we knew the words, we knew the tune. I thought we vibed well. I think it’s a good one.”
I agree, Mr. Koekkoek. The group did vibe well. All that was missing was goaltender Adam Wilcox and his bevy of mysterious moves.
The Crunch previously cooked up lip sync videos this season to such tunes as Beyonce’s “Single Ladies,” Donna Summer’s “Last Dance,” Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline,” the Righteous Brothers’ “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’,” and “Born to Be Alive,” by Patrick Hernandez.
This one, however, hit all the right notes. It was sensual…

It featured awkward dance moves…

And, of course, we had a bit of*chest.

There’s always one.

This was one of our favorite running bits of the season and we’re hoping there’s one last grand finale before the end of the Crunch’s season. We’re thinking “Bohemian Rhapsody” big.
– – – – – – –
Sean Leahy is the associate editor for Puck Daddy on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter! Follow @Sean_Leahy
MORE FROM YAHOO HOCKEY: