The Sum Belt issued a reprimand to officials involved in Tuesday's game between Arkansas State and Louisiana-Lafayette and also to members of each team.
The game featured eight unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and two ejections.
"Numerous incidents occurred during last week's game that required me to conduct an extensive and detailed review," Sun Belt Commissioner Karl Benson said in a statement.* "Everyone associated with the Sun Belt Conference, including student-athletes, coaches, officials and administrators, is expected to act with a level of conduct and decorum that includes integrity, fair play and respect for others.* In my review, I found that multiple individuals associated with this game did not meet these expectations of fair play and sportsmanship."
The officials in the game are at the risk of not being selected for postgame assignments and are suspended for an upcoming game. It's the same crew that received a reprimand for a game involving Georgia State and ULL earlier in the year. In that game October 4, officials skipped a down on a Georgia State drive.
Arkansas State DB Andrew Tryon and LB Xavier Woodson were the two players ejected. Tryon committed two personal foul penalties (an automatic ejection) and Woodson was penalized for spitting on an opponent. The two were reprimanded along with RB Frankie Jackson and WR Tres Houston.
The Sun Belt said Jackson committed a flagrant act on an extra point attempt that "could have led to a serious injury to a UL Lafayette player" which went unnoticed by officials. Houston's reprimand was for multiple acts of unsportsmanlike conduct that were also unnoticed.
ULL CB Corey Trim was also reprimanded for multiple acts of unsportsmanlike conduct. ULL assistant Mitch Rodrigue and strength coach Rusty Whitt were also reprimanded for conduct and "inappopriate bench decorum." The reprimands to the people on each team don't involve an official punishment.

"Our expectations for sportsmanship and integrity in the Sun Belt Conference are set very high," said Benson.* "When individuals fail to meet our standards they must be held accountable."
- - - - - - -
Nick Bromberg is the assistant editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter!
Follow @NickBromberg