Standing 5-foot-11 and weighing more than 220 lbs., Adebayo Akinfenwa has always been difficult to miss on the pitch. He has consistently scored goals in League One and League Two throughout his career, but last year he became a cult figure with an international following when he was rated the world's strongest footballer in FIFA 14. He can bench press 400 lbs.*
The 32-year-old striker, who scored 10 goals for League One's Gillingham last season before moving to League Two side AFC Wilmbledon in June, was given a strength rating of 97 (out of 100) and an overall rating of 63 by EA Sports. But due to his considerable girth, his sprint speed rating was just a 53 and his acceleration was a 34, which is roughly equivalent to what Cristiano Ronaldo's ratings would be if he were wrapped in duct tape and forced to run through quicksand while wearing potatoes as shoes.*
So Akinfenwa has asked EA to bump him up a bit in the upcoming FIFA 15 game. From the Telegraph:
“I didn’t realise how big*Fifa*was until last year. I’d always been one of the strongest players in the game, but officially in*Fifa 14*I was the strongest in the world.
"If they say so, I must be. I like that.
“I’ve played as myself a few times and I’m very slow. I’ve asked*Fifa*to make me a little bit quicker, but you can’t have everything. I’ve always been big, my brothers are my size, we come from good stock.”
In an interview with the BBC last year, Akinfenwa said that his two brothers are bigger than him and if he doesn't stay big, they'll bully him. He also told the story of a how a police officer thought he was an NFL player.

That cop who pulled him over wasn't the first to have visions of Akinfenwa on the gridiron, though. He's been invited to train with rugby clubs and American universities tried to recruit him for American football. Maybe his ratings would be better in Madden.
- - - - - - -
Brooks Peck is the editor of Dirty Tackle on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him or follow on Twitter! Follow @BrooksDT