IndyCar Series driver Justin Wilson, 37, died Monday after suffering a severe head injury at Pocono Raceway. The sports world took to Twitter to react to the tragic news.
Sending my prayers to Justin's family, Julia,Jessica,Jane, may God give the strength to find peace. #RIP my friend pic.twitter.com/SJO08gvuzG
— Helio Castroneves (@h3lio) August 25, 2015
So sad to hear that we lost Justin Wilson today. Thoughts & prayers to his family and friends.
— Jeff Gordon (@JeffGordonWeb) August 25, 2015
Thoughts and prayers to his family, friends, and to the @IndyCar family. #RIPJustinWilson
— Dale Earnhardt Jr. (@DaleJr) August 25, 2015
Wow, what a sad day. @justin_wilson was a good man. A great man. I had the pleasure of knowing him and pray for his family. ??
— Danica Patrick (@DanicaPatrick) August 25, 2015
Terrible and tragic news. Prayers to his family and friends. We are all family. #RIPJustin
— Joey Logano (@joeylogano) August 25, 2015
Why do we do this? Because we love it, don't want to be anywhere else but a race car. We will keep your legacy my friend. Racers race.
— Tony Kanaan (@TonyKanaan) August 25, 2015
Oh man, my heart is aching another friend gone.Godspeed to one of racing's truest gentlemen. #justinwilson
— Tony Kanaan (@TonyKanaan) August 25, 2015
Godspeed, JW. https://t.co/2Xp0MMPDBQ pic.twitter.com/UH4EcHvRwn
— Andretti Autosport (@FollowAndretti) August 25, 2015
My friend, brother, teammate and especially to one of the most amazing people I have had the pleasure to be around. I love u @justin_wilson
— AJ Allmendinger (@AJDinger) August 25, 2015
Life isn't fair sometimes. We lost one of the great ones today. One of the best ever. I know ur up there being a Wheelman JW. Ur amazing!!!
Thanks for showing all of us how to be a great race car driver but more importantly showing us all how to be so humble.#RIPJW. I will miss u
Most importantly his family. His beautiful wife and kids. His parents. His brother Stef. All of thoughts and prayers need to be with them.

Ur my boy forever. Love you @justin_wilson. One of the best ever. On and off the track. pic.twitter.com/kDZxxfj0jN
Our thoughts are with Justin Wilson's family and all of @IndyCar.
— Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) August 25, 2015
Sad stuff about Justin Wilson man #RIP
— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) August 25, 2015
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of @justin_wilson. It's a sad day in the Motorsports industry.
— JJ Yeley (@jjyeley1) August 25, 2015