As we delve into the final power rankings of the season for all 32 teams, let's take a look at some of the tidbits learned from this weekly exercise:
•*The Dallas Cowboys can, somehow, fly under the radar. Tony Romo missed time in two games because of a back injury. The Cowboys were 12-2 in the other games. That says they should be Super Bowl contenders, but nobody is touting them as one.
• When you're evaluating a team before the season, make sure there's a good coach to go with that good roster. A talented team is only as good as who is guiding it, as Buccaneers and Rams fans found out. Dolphins fans probably agree, as well. Bears, too.

• There's a pretty big quarterback issue brewing in the NFL. Five of the six Pro Bowl quarterbacks are at least 30 years old. A lot of the young quarterbacks who were on the fast track to stardom regressed. The 2015 draft class isn't considered to be that strong for quarterbacks. This is a real potential problem for the quarterback-centric NFL.
[Join FanDuel's $1.75M Wild Card fantasy league: $25 to enter; top 14,530 teams paid]
• We don't spend enough time talking about strength of schedule. Are the Colts that much better than the Chiefs or Bills? Probably, but not by much. The Colts had two quality wins all season, at home against the Bengals and Ravens. Take the Chiefs or Bills schedule, replace the Broncos or Patriots with the Jaguars or Titans, and see what happens. Heck, the Falcons went 1-9 in non-division games and still almost made the playoffs. Every team's schedule is different, and it matters a lot.
• Good teams can turn it on when they need to. The Patriots were terrible in September. The Seahawks rarely looked like the defending champs before December. Now it doesn't matter much, does it? All that really counts is where you are by the end. That doesn't make ranking teams in the first half of the season very easy, though.

• I still don't know what to do with the Arizona Cardinals. They're not one of the dozen or so best teams in the NFL right now, not with that quarterback situation. But I respect what they did early in the season when they were mostly healthy, so I can't put them as low as they probably should be.

• There aren't many top-tier teams. Go ahead and draw your own line. Did you include the Bengals as an elite team? What about the Colts? Steelers? Wherever you make that line, unless you're incredibly charitable you'll find that the number of teams on the positive side is really low.

• Now do that same exercise to figure out how many truly bad teams there were this year. I bet that list is longer than the one of really good teams.

• I didn't see anything late in the season to change my mind that the gap between the Patriots, Seahawks and everyone else is pretty wide, especially with those two teams having No. 1 seeds in the playoffs. I still prefer the Patriots in these final power rankings before the playoffs, but not by much.*

Here are the post-regular season power rankings:
32. Tennessee Titans (2-14, Last Week: 32)
If I'm the Titans, I trade the No. 2 pick to one of the teams desperate for a quarterback fix and give Zach Mettenberger a tryout in 2015. I don't trade for Jay Cutler. I don't draft Jameis Winston. I don't pull a Buccaneers and waste Mettenberger like Tampa did Mike Glennon. I see what I have with Mettenberger. I also don't think this will be the Titans' plan.
31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-14, LW: 31)
Interesting to see if the NFL does anything about the Buccaneers tanking in Week 17. Not sure there's much that can be done. But it was not a precedent the league wants to set.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-13, LW: 30)
Losing defensive tackle Sen'Derrick Marks, arguably the team's MVP, to an ACL injury in Week 17 is just cruel.
29. Chicago Bears (5-11, LW: 29)
If I had one wish for this offseason, it would be for the Bears to hire Josh McDaniels as their next coach and then not be able to trade Jay Cutler.

28. Oakland Raiders (3-13, LW: 27)
Jon Gruden is coming! No wait, Jim Harbaugh is coming! Nope. And I don't think a Rex Ryan-Marc Trestman combo is happening either.
27. Washington Redskins (4-12, LW: 26)
Robert Griffin III didn't play bad down the stretch. He had 336 yards on Sunday (although that won't count to Jay Gruden because all he cares about is quarterback wins, the dumbest stat in all of sports). Griffin probably showed enough that the thought of trading him for pennies on the dollar shouldn't be an option anymore. Which is good for the team.
26. New York Jets (4-12, LW: 28)
I guess it had to be done, but I don't think the Jets' next coach will be a better coach than Rex Ryan.

25. New Orleans Saints (7-9, LW: 25) They tried to mail that one in on Sunday, but Tampa Bay just refused to let them win. Literally. They have an interesting and probably rough offseason ahead.
24. Atlanta Falcons (6-10, LW: 20)
It was shocking the way they lost on Sunday at home. Didn't expect that. It's clear this team has issues that run deeper than just changing the head coach.
23. St. Louis Rams (6-10, LW: 23)
If I'm picking a team that will take Jay Cutler off Chicago's hands, this is the one.
22. New York Giants (6-10, LW: 22)
Odell Beckham had 91 catches, 1,305 yards and 12 touchdowns in 12 games. That's ridiculous.

21. Cleveland Browns (7-9, LW: 19)
What a terrible way to go into the offseason. We might forever remember the 2014 Browns for picking Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel when they could have taken Beckham and Bridgewater/Derek Carr instead.
20. Minnesota Vikings (7-9, LW: 24)
They're lucky Teddy Bridgewater had a bad pro day and so many teams that could have used a quarterback stupidly gave up on him. This is an interesting team for 2015.
19. San Francisco 49ers (8-8, LW: 18)
Colin Kaepernick had more than 210 yards passing in a game just once in the second half of the season. It's not impossible to win that way in today's NFL, but it makes it tougher.
18. Miami Dolphins (8-8, LW: 15)
Mike Wallace just quit? I've heard of teams and players metaphorically quitting, but it's not every day a player says he just doesn't want to continue playing, especially one being paid like Wallace. Wallace said he was benched, according to ESPN.com. What a mess.
17. Carolina Panthers (7-8-1, LW: 21)
I'm not jumping on the bandwagon that this team is significantly dangerous in the playoffs. They'll get pounded in the divisional round. But, they'll probably make the divisional round.
16. Buffalo Bills (9-7, LW: 17)
You'll know the moment the Bills have exhausted all options to land a new starting quarterback when the positive stories of EJ Manuel start coming out of Buffalo. They pretty clearly don't think much of Manuel, but they might not have a choice after Kyle Orton's retirement.
15. Houston Texans (9-7, LW: 16)
To have a seven-win improvement with no decent quarterback is pretty darn impressive. The Texans' accomplishments this season are an absolute plus on J.J. Watt's MVP resume, not a negative because a 2-14 team depending on Ryan Fitzpatrick at quarterback didn't make the playoffs.

14. San Diego Chargers (9-7, LW: 10)
They're like the Cardinals, a good team that simply took on too many injuries. But unlike the Cardinals, they hadn't built up a 9-1 cushion.
13. Kansas City Chiefs (9-7, LW: 14)
The Chiefs finished with zero touchdowns from a wide receiver this season, the first team to pull off that feat since the 1950 Pittsburgh Steelers according to the Kansas City Star. And it's a good bet that will never happen again. Unless the Chiefs come back next year with Dwayne Bowe as their No. 1 option, then they might have a shot at repeating.
12. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6, LW: 13)
LeSean McCoy admitted he doesn't know if he'll be back, given his salary-cap figure of about $12 million next year. The Eagles might be better off investing that money in cornerbacks and hoping to plug-and-play a couple new and cheap backs in Chip Kelly's system.
11. Arizona Cardinals (11-5, LW: 12)

It sums things up when the Cardinals are pining for the days of Drew Stanton and his 78.7 rating.
10. Baltimore Ravens (10-6, LW: 11)
They won, they're in, but they followed up a bad loss to Houston by struggling mightily for three quarters against the Browns and Connor Shaw. That's not a good sign going into the playoffs.
9. Indianapolis Colts (11-5, LW: 9)
Their opponents down the stretch: Jaguars, Redskins, Browns, Texans, Cowboys, Titans. They went 5-1 but lost by 35 to the only good team on that list (unless you're impressed by beating the Texans by a touchdown at home).
8. Cincinnati Bengals (10-5-1, LW: 8)
I think Jeremy Hill better get his sleep, because he's going to get more carries than he knows what to do with as long as the Bengals are in the playoffs.
7. Detroit Lions (11-5, LW: 6)
It's not that hard to not get suspended. Don't step on an opponent's leg when he's down and put your full weight on it in an obviously dirty move. See? Easy.

6. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5, LW: 7)
With a healthy Le'Veon Bell, I thought the Steelers were poised to make a run. If he's not healthy, that all changes.
5. Denver Broncos (12-4, LW: 5)
Peyton Manning in December: Three touchdowns, six interceptions in four games. Maybe the Broncos can win a Super Bowl riding C.J. Anderson and the defense, but it does appear that will have to be their playoff blueprint.
4. Dallas Cowboys (12-4, LW: 4)
Tony Romo in December: 12 touchdowns, one interception, 133.7 rating. None of that will matter the moment the Cowboys lose and the Internet explodes, but it's worth keeping in mind when the overreaction hits.
3. Green Bay Packers (12-4, LW: 3)
They should be rooting for that Lions upset, because it would mean the Cardinals/Panthers winner would come to Green Bay for the divisional round.
2. Seattle Seahawks (12-4, LW: 2)
On the other hand, the most likely scenario is either Carolina or Arizona coming to Seattle in the divisional round, and I think we all know how that's turning out.
1. New England Patriots (12-4, LW: 1)
I know Bruce Arians will win it, and he deserves to, but you could also make an air-tight argument for Bill Belichick as coach of the year.

- - - - - - -
Frank Schwab is the editor of Shutdown Corner on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter! Follow @YahooSchwab