Hurricane Bill certainly whipped up some gusts with a torrential downpour on Friday morning, targeting all meteorologists.

With a forecast for rain on Saturday and the possibility of more wet (and cold) conditions on Sunday, the weather was a natural talking point for the media during New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick's Friday morning press conference . Would the meticulously prepared Patriots head coach factor the possible slick and brisk conditions into his game plan for Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos? It was a thoughtful question, or so one would think.

Instead, there was a bad moon rising as the 'Hooded One' almost couldn't contain his disgust, with earthquakes and lightning on the way.
[Join FanDuel.com's $3M Week 9 fantasy league: $25 to enter; top 26,405 teams paid]
“When you play in New England, you have to be ready for everything. I’d say based on the forecasts we’ve gotten so far this year, none of them have been even very close to what game conditions were. There was 100 percent chance of rain last week and the only water I saw was on the Gatorade table,” Belichick said.

“You know, it is what it is. You know as well as I do, it could start one way and change during the game. we have to be ready for whatever it is, but my experience of going with the forecast in this area two days before the game, I mean I’d bet a lot that they’re wrong, just based on history because they’re almost always wrong. An hour before the game, maybe. You might have something to work with there. I think [if] you start game planning for what the weather is going to be and you game plan wrong, you’ve wasted a lot of time.”

Moments later, he called forecasts “a bunch of air,” a clever turn of the phrase as his own personal storm clouds continued to pelt meteorologists with a hail of abuse.

“Look, I’m not saying I could do it better than them, I’m just saying they’re wrong a lot,” Belichick said.

“That’s a fact. They’re wrong a lot. We all make mistakes. I’m not being critical of them, I’m just saying I don’t think you can go based on that.”

When his rant was done Belichick outlined his routine, which is to go out to the field roughly 90 minutes before the game to take in the conditions. Any changes to their game plan that are related to the weather generally are made during that time period an hour-and-a-half before the game when warmups start.

- - - - - - -
Kristian R. Dyer writes for Metro New York and is a contributor to Yahoo! Sports. Follow him on Twitter @KristianRDyer