If you're on Twitter, you might have seen the fan who tweeted out before Saturday night's St. Louis Rams-Cleveland Browns game that he'd buy drinks for, well, everyone if Michael Sam sacked Johnny Manziel.
Here's the original tweet, posted prior to the game:
Rams vs Browns tonight. If Michael Sam sacks Johnny Football & gives the money sign, drinks are on me. For everyone in the world. Forever.
— FISHER KING (@SquareKnight) August 23, 2014
[ Smack talk season is back at Yahoo Sports: Sign up and play free Fantasy Football!]
So what happened? Yup — Sam took down Manziel, and even flashed the "Money"*Manziel after doing so as his sack celebration. Quality stuff there from the seventh-rounder.
We're frankly shocked that the two most viral memebers of the NFL draft class of 2014 meeting — rather forcefully, we might add — didn't break the internet and create a vortex into which we all were sucked. Actually, they met twice, as Sam took down Manziel a second time for a sack on the game's final play. Just for good measure.
Back to our friend ... yeah, one or two thirsty people reminded him of his bet, naturaly.
First, there was joy.
OMG! So glorious that Sam did it! Take that Johnny Football. You go, Mike!
— FISHER KING (@SquareKnight) August 24, 2014
Then, reality sunk in.
Declaring bankruptcy in 3..2..1...
Today I messed up by promising mankind free booze for all eternity.
So FISHER KING was forced to come up with an alternate plan because, you know, no one can afford that. Not even Manziel. Instead, Mr. KING suggested a solid alternative.
Anyone know Sam's fave charity? So pumped he sacked JFF. If I can't perpetually intoxicate society, I can contribute to its betterment.
Apparently, Sam caught wind of this. And he helped throw the fan a solid lifeline.
I heard there was a drink offer... In lieu of that @SquareKnight the Boys & Girls Club of Greater STL could use help! pic.twitter.com/qzseOXJfED

— Michael Sam (@MichaelSamNFL) August 24, 2014
Veteran move by the rookie. Now these two are bros.
.@MichaelSamNFL: Consider it done. Great play, btw. Give 'em all Hell in the NFL! You're a class act. God bless, brother.
Proud to have made a donation to the STL Boys & Girls Club in honor of Sam's great play. I'm a product of a Boys & Girls Club too.
— FISHER KING (@SquareKnight) August 25, 2014
And KING realized that he not only is off the hook for having to buy the world a Jack & Coke, but now he can go back to his little corner of the universe.
I have nothing more to say about it. Most of u were good sports; thanks for that. Gotta love football. Back to obscurity in 3...2...1...
— FISHER KING (@SquareKnight) August 25, 2014
Still, a pretty cool story overall. And seriously, how great is Sam? First, he sacks the eminently sackable Manziel —guessing FISHER KING was not the only guy who enjoyed seeing that — and then he does the guy a really solid solid.*
- - - - - - -
Eric Edholm is a writer for Shutdown Corner on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter! Follow @Eric_Edholm