Robert Griffin III has taken plenty of grief over the last few months, so when the guy does something notable, why not show him a little love?
Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan revealed in June that he has been diagnosed with late Stage 3 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. He attended Sunday's game against the Dolphins with a number of children suffering from cancer. He also received a visit from Griffin.
"RGIII went out of his way to come over to me yesterday and say, 'How are you feeling governor, how are your cancer treatments going?'" Hogan wrote on his Facebook page. "He said, 'I wasn’t sure how to reach you but I have really been thinking of you and praying for you. I know you are going to beat this thing.' I don’t care who you think the quarterback should be, or if you don’t even like the Redskins, I’ll tell you this, Robert is a very nice, decent and positive young man. I told him I knew he was going through a tough time too, that I was thinking of him and wishing the best for him and better times are ahead for him too!"
Nice gestures all the way around.
____
Jay Busbee is a writer for Yahoo Sports. Contact him at [email protected] or find him on Twitter.

Follow @jaybusbee
And keep up with Jay over on Facebook, too.