So now we know what four months and 275 hours of work will do to a 1991 Mazda 626. Unfortunately, it's still a 1991 Mazda 626.
Perhaps it isn't fancy, but Washington Redskins running back Alfred Morris is proud of it. He bought it from his pastor when he was in college and it's symbolic to him. So instead of ditching the ride once he became a NFL player, he just had the car completely restored to make his old Mazda good as new. Whatever that means.
The site Jalopnik.com chronicled the entire reformation of Morris' Mazda, the car he calls "The Bentley." The car was completely restored as close as possible to its 1991 factory specs, Jalopnik.com reported, with a couple new modern touches.
"This is my baby, man," Morris said, according to Jalopnik.com. "It's more than just a car. I didn't grow up with a lot. This helps me remember where I come from and where I'm going."
The post at Jalopnik.com has all the details of the restoration, if you're a gearhead, and here's a couple more looks at it:

- - - - - - -
Frank Schwab is the editor of*Shutdown Corner on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at*[email protected] or follow him on Twitter.
Follow @YahooSchwab