Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins is the guy who files his taxes early and reports his own mistakes to the IRS, isn’t he?
Amid a sea of hatred for the Shanahans and everything Redskins, Cousins is a beacon of light — he says, golly gee willikers, he absolutely loves Mike and his son, Kyle.
“I think that a fan has the right to have their opinion,” Cousins told The Washington Post following Sunday’s loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. “They pay hard-earned money to watch us play and to support our team and they have a right to their opinion. My own personal perspective [is] I absolutely love the Shanahans and believe they’re doing a great job coaching us. I would like to see them still be here. But that’s not my decision to make.”
Cousins also likes kittens, long walks on the beach, watching The Notebook while cuddled up under a blanket, and spending time with a good book.
Sure, Cousins probably does not want any part of the mess between Robert Griffin III and the Shanahans, but he is definitely a company man.
All jokes aside, Cousins is actually a good young man. If you never saw his speech at the 2011 Big Ten Kickoff Luncheon, check it out. Cousins is truly a good person.

Most NFL observers believe Cousins' head coach will be fired after this season, and apparently the NFL Network believed that announcement was going to occur on Monday.
@awfulannouncing looks like @nflnetwork jumped the gun on this one. Not by much, but still early. pic.twitter.com/N94e8O1b5L

— Jay Lewter (@jclewter) December 9, 2013
Cousins may love playing for the Shanahans, and probably will enjoy playing for his next set of coaches, too.
- - - - - - -
Anwar S Richardson is a writer for Shutdown Corner on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter!
Follow @AnwarRichardson