Wide receiver Darnell Salomon, a five-star recruit in the class of 2016, said he apologized to Georgia coach Mark Richt for an alleged burglary in July of 2014.
Salomon was accused of going into the unlocked dorm room of two female students at a hall on Georgia's campus and taking an iPhone and a wallet. He was on Georgia's campus for Dawg Night.
From UGA Sports:
"I sent Coach [Mark] Richt a two page letter about how I was sorry and how I showed bad character," Solomon said.
He has spoken with the Georgia head coach since apologizing.
"It was really just me calling him," Solomon replied. "He told me everything was good and told me I had a clean slate."
Salomon, who is from Miami, is the No. 2 wide receiver in the class of 2016. He is the No. 41 prospect overall. A spokesperson for Georgia had previously told the Athens Banner-Herald that the school was no longer recruiting him, though the Bulldogs are still listed as a college choice on his Rivals page. He told UGASports.com that the Bulldogs were still recruiting him, though he admitted he no longer knew who his lead recruiter was.
The October Banner-Herald report also cited search warrants that showed Salomon was using the phone he allegedly took from the dorm room.
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the case is still considered open by the Clarke County District Attorney and the case is scheduled for deposition on June 18.

For more Georgia news, visit UGASports.com.
- - - - - - -
Nick Bromberg is the assistant editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter!
Follow @NickBromberg