Photo via Rachel Feinstein on Twitter Nashville Predators defenseman P.K. Subban decided comedy was the best way to needle the Montreal Canadiens at a Monday charity gala at the Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal.
Subban had done some deep interviews on the Habs*after the Canadiens dealt him to the Predators for Shea Weber in late June*and gave*some good insight on his tenure in Montreal. But he has mostly walked the straight and narrow.*At the Monday gala, where proceeds went to Montreal Children’s Hospital, Subban roasted the Canadiens, poking fun at coach Michel Therrien, the Canadiens’ management and anything else that came to mind*really.
Subban’s appearance was scheduled before the trade and the event was 100 percent sold out.*
“Now I’m free to do as many low 5s as I want,” Subban said – in reference to Therrien’s banning his “Triple-Low 5” celebration move with goaltender Carey Price.
Former #Habs defenceman P.K. #Subban make a few jokes about the trade that sent him to Nashville tonight at #JFLhttps://t.co/gCDFTHK32o
— CBC Montreal (@CBCMontreal) August 2, 2016
Subban*dedicated a country song to Bergevin called “Take This Job and Shove It.”
He sent another song out to his teammates called “Good Luck With That” in regards to them trying to win a Stanley Cup under Therrien’s system.
There was also a moment where Subban asked for a beer, but “a good beer, none of that Molson stuff.”
Geoff Molson – who owns the brewery – also owns the Canadiens.
Longest standing ovation ever @justforlaughs @PKSubban1 #JFLMTL pic.twitter.com/lxeL8JKsh7
— Bruce Hills (@Brucehills) August 1, 2016
Subban tried to poke fun at his new city as well.
“If there’s one thing I’ve tried to do in all the cities I’ve played in, it’s immerse myself in the local culture. In Belleville, I learned how to sail, when I moved to Montreal, I learned how to speak French – right ladies? And in Hamilton, I learned how to breathe through my mouth,” he said. “So now that I’m living in Nashville, it’s time I learned more about … That’s right, getting pulled over by the cops.”
After the event, Subban was still pumped.
Subban is known as one of the most charitable players in hockey. Last year he pledged million to Montreal Children’s Hospital. At the end of the comedy bit, Elise Beliveau, widow of Habs legend Jean Beliveau, came on stage as Subban presented a 0,000 charity check.

Before the show, Subban said he had no plans to needle his former organization, but really his skit appeared to be tastefully done. Subban also thanked the Canadiens at the end.
“If people are expecting me to come out and bash players or coaches or teammates, that’s not going to happen,” he said. “This is a fun way to celebrate giving back, and that’s what it is.”
The whole affair was reportedly light hearted and fun, with local fans still cheering on Subban even though he no longer plays for the Canadiens.
MORE FROM YAHOO HOCKEY

– – – – – – –
Josh Cooper is an editor for Puck Daddy on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter! Follow @joshuacooper