Last week was pretty big for the Alex Rodriguez comeback tour. Rodriguez received a "warm hand" during his first at-bat, hit his first home run since September 2013 and stayed away from controversy. Lost in all of that was the fact that Rodriguez played all five games at home.
[Yahoo Sports Fantasy Baseball: Sign up and join a league today!]
While the New York Yankees' fans were able to #Forg1v3, the opposing fans are not going to be as kind to Rodriguez this season. In his first road at-bat of the season, the Baltimore Orioles fans roundly booed Rodriguez. There was a smattering of applause from some Yankees' fans in attendance, but, for the most part, Rodriguez did not receive a warm welcome.
One fan even went so far as to turn his back during Rodriguez's at-bats.
This dude is refusing to watch A-Rod's at bats: pic.twitter.com/12QGRaKAzs
— Tim Anderson (@TimmyWade94) April 13, 2015
One wonders whether he did the same for every Nelson Cruz at-bat last season?*
Adam Kilgore of The Washington Post caught up with the fan, Tolbert Rowe, after the game. Rowe explained why he decided to turn his back during Rodriguez's at-bats.
“I don’t respect him,” said Rowe, a 56-year-old who serves on the Caroline County board of education. “He doesn’t deserve to be watched. Absolutely not, I’m sorry. You know, and now they got all this about his tying Willie Mays’s record and the $6 million, and he has the audacity to think that he should be paid. I’m sorry. I don’t respect the guy. Not one bit.”
The fans who booed left happy, as Rodriguez struck out to end his first at-bat. Rodriguez would finish the contest 0 for 4, with two strikeouts.*
[Our division previews:*NL East*|*AL East*|*NL Central*|*AL Central*|*NL West | AL West]
And so, the comeback tour continues. This week may have gotten off to a rough start, but there's still time for A-Rod to turn things around. Before you know it, maybe even the opposing fans will be willing to #Forg1v3.

On second thought, probably not.
More MLB coverage from Yahoo Sports:

- - - - - - -
[B]Follow @Chris_Cwik