The often speculated-upon dating life of Taylor Swift includes the names of boy-band members and actors, but Winter Olympics athlete? Seems like one gold medal hopeful in Sochi thinks he has a shot.
Freestyle skier Nick Goepper, 19, recently chatted with E! News about his encounter with the "I Knew You Were Trouble" singer at the 2014 Golden Globes. And it appears the two-time Winter X Games gold medalist was enchanted to meet her.
[ Related: A freestyle skier's road to Sochi began in Indiana ]
"I mean she was with her entourage but took the time to just kind of break away and chat with me for a minute. It was nice, I feel like we kind of connected," Goepper said.
Meanwhile, here's a photo of the two at the Golden Globes. (Feel free to leave witty responses playing off T. Swift lyrics in the comment section below):
Any chance Goepper will be catching up with the songstress when he gets home from Sochi?

"She invited me to Rhode Island for a weekend … No, I'm just kidding," he added after a pause.
It's a sure bet the Indiana native has much better odds of medaling in the Olympics debut of men's slopestyle skiing, where he's a favorite to capture gold. However, standing atop the podium does have a way of drawing more eyes on you. Don't give up yet, Nick.
More Winter Olympics coverage on Yahoo Sports: