Model Macarena Lemos briefly dated Lionel Messi around the time of the 2006 World Cup after they met in their hometown of Rosario. And though they've long since broken up, Messi's mother apparently still holds some kind of grudge against her because Lemos says Mamma Messi followed her through an electronics store with a frying pan on Sunday.

A translation of her harrowing tale (via Goal.com):

"She was following me and taking photos until I turned around and asked her what was going on," the model explained on Telenoche.

"That's when she started insulting me. What was she doing there in the electronics section, with a frying pan in her hand? She was following me with a telephone and a frying pan."

"I have never came out and said whether I had slept with her son. I was 14 and he was 18 - and I didn't reveal anything about our relationship," she added.

"She treated me like I was nothing, as if I were hanging from her son's ribs. She seems to think I said something to a magazine, but I never did. They are confused."
Amazed that Mario Balotelli didn't pop up anywhere in that story? So am I.

Unrelated to all of this, but still making it even weirder, is the fact that Lemos also says she recently "met" with Justin Bieber (link kind of NSFW). So, to recap, we have an 18-year-old Leo Messi dating a 14-year-old, his mother following the girl with a frying pan years later, a random Justin Bieber element, and still no Mario Balotelli. Bizarre.