Three very, very important Matt Harvey-related thing to unpack from his appearance Monday night at Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals in New York, where his beloved Rangers lost to the Los Angeles Kings 3-0, as L.A. also took a 3-0 series lead:
1. The injured New York Mets star hung out with "Tonight Show" host Jimmy Fallon and they made fun of each other on Instagram, a sign that Harvey's cool-guy status in NYC hasn't gone away just because he's sidelined for all of the 2014.
2. Harvey is back on Twitter for the first time in six weeks after that time he flipped the bird to Tommy John surgery and nuked his account, which wasn't actually all the way gone, apparently.
3. Look at that beard! It's almost as good as that photobomb by the girl behind them.
I can't believe I'm sitting next to @jimmykimmel. He didn't recognize me. Lets go @nyrangers and… http://t.co/HpAEUFXUgE
— Matt Harvey (@MattHarvey33) June 10, 2014
I can't believe I'm sitting next to Joaquin Phoenix at the Ranger game. #MattHarvey #GoRangers http://t.co/WhVE9tSOoS
— jimmy fallon (@jimmyfallon) June 10, 2014
Oh, those funny guys and their mistaken identity game.
Yes, Twitter smart guy, Matt Harvey is aware that's not Fallon's rival late-night host Jimmy Kimmel —*that's the joke, just like Harvey isn't Joaquin Phoenix. (Kimmel, by the way, likes the L.A. Kings, so there's no way diehard Rangers fan Harvey would be hanging with him during these finals).
Since it's Matt Harvey we're talking about, he can't do something as simple as go to a Stanley Cup game without getting heckled by the geniuses of the Internet.
@MattHarvey33 shut up and rehab your elbow.
— Mark Rahn (@mrahn17) June 10, 2014
@MattHarvey33 Hey Matty Boy go home and Rehab. STFU And Get strong and dont tweet again until you can pitch again at Citifield.

— Mets Mafia (@TheBigEasy58) June 10, 2014
If he deletes his Twitter again, you probably know why.
More MLB coverage from Yahoo Sports:

- - - - - - -
Mike Oz is an editor for Big League Stew on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter! Follow @MikeOz