Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim met with reporters after his team lost 83-77 at Pittsburgh on Saturday and in a week in which the program announced it was self-imposing a postseason ban this year for NCAA violations, it figured some of the questions he faced would deal with that issue.
Boeheim was asked what his response would be to anyone who wonders whether he has been running a clean program during his 39 years at the school.
"I'm not talking about the NCAA investigation," Boeheim said.
He then took another question about a different subject before turning his attention back to the query about the standards in his program.
"And another thing, for your question: I don't give a (expletive) what those people think. I know what I've done and I know what we do, and I'm proud of it."
*This is the second time during his tenure the program has served sanctions or penalties because of an NCAA investigation. The 1993 team did not participate in the postseason as well.*

The current investigation has not been concluded, but Syracuse banned itself from the postseason this year to get in front of whatever punishment might be coming. The Orange will not participate in even the ACC tournament this year. The NCAA is expected to release its findings soon and additional penalties could be coming.
- - - - - - -
[Kyle Ringo is the assistant editor of The Dagger on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter! Follow @KyleRingo