Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush's campaign is having to change the logo of some campaign materials.
Bush's 2016 presidential campaign was trying to capitalize on people in SEC country with SEC-related materials and events. The campaign even went so far as to put "JEB" in a circle very similar to the SEC's logo. The SEC isn't too thrilled about it.
Something missing from your Saturday Gameday routine? Get your free Jeb Koozie today. pic.twitter.com/f5MV0ugaLA
— Jeb Bush (@JebBush) October 13, 2015
From USA Today:
The SEC has negotiated with officials from Jeb Bush's campaign to modify*a logo that closely resembles the conference's and make other changes in how the campaign aligns itself with the conference.
“The Southeastern Conference does not endorse candidates for any political office,” SEC spokesman Herb Vincent said Wednesday in a statement to USA TODAY Sports. “The SEC has spoken to the Bush campaign to ensure that their activities are within the bounds of our trademark requirements.”
USA Today said the koozie was no longer available on Bush's presidential campaign site as of Wednesday morning.
Bush's campaign was calling primaries on March 1 in states with SEC schools the "SEC Primary." He also posted a video to Twitter about schools in the SEC.
Before I head to Rocky Top, I’m setting the record straight on some of my SEC favorites. https://t.co/guLA4uQd9k

— Jeb Bush (@JebBush) October 9, 2015
Bush is currently polling behind frontrunners Donald Trump and Ben Carson in the Republican primary field. But it's also important to note that there's still four months until the first primary.
- - - - - - -
Nick Bromberg is the assistant editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter!
Follow @NickBromberg