Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston didn't answer questions during the second day of his Florida State code of conduct hearing about the sexual assault allegations against him but did give a statement at the conclusion of the hearing.
Justice Major Harding, a former Florida Supreme Court Chief Justice, presided over the hearing and is expected to make a decision in the next 10 school days. Since FSU's fall semester ends on Friday, Dec. 12, that could mean the ruling may not be rendered until early January.
USA Today obtained a copy of Winston's statement. In it, he gave his account on what happened the night of Dec. 6 and the morning of Dec. 7, 2012 and he said the encounter with the alleged victim was consensual.
Winston was not arrested or criminally charged due to a lack of evidence in the case. Because of Title IX protocol, universities are mandated to investigate all accusations of sexual assault.
From the statement:
I did not rape or sexually assault (NAME REDACTED). I did not create a hostile, intimidating or offensive environment in the short period of time that we were together. (NAME REDACTED) had the capacity to consent to having sex with me and she repeatedly did so by her conduct and her verbal expressions. I never used physical violence, threats, or other coercive means towards (NAME REDACTED). Finally, I never endangered (NAME REDACTED) health, safety, or well-being.
Winston said that he put her number in his phone on the floor of a Tallahassee, Fla.-area club and that they met out front when leaving and got into the same cab.
(NAME REDACTED) was not "taken," forced, or "coerced" into the taxicab. She was fully aware of what was happening; she voluntarily left Potbelly's in response to my text and she voluntarily got into the taxicab. If (NAME REDACTED) had protested, then I would have left her at Potbelly's. Additionally, if she had protested, the students and taxi cab drivers in front of Potbelly's would have heard her. (NAME REDACTED) was fully aware of her actions and she did not protest at all. (NAME REDACTED) left with us voluntarily.
The taxi cab ride to my apartment took roughly five minutes. During the ride, everyone was cheerful and talking. We asked (NAME REDACTED) if she had any friends who might want to come to our place and join us. I recall that she was calling some friends to come to our apartment.
Then, Winston described the encounter and the role that teammates Chris Casher and Ronald Darby played. Both of Winston's teammates were involved in a code of conduct hearing earlier in the year for their roles in the incident.*
Winston's statement included lewd sexual details regarding the night in question.
After the encounter, Winston said he drove the woman back to her residence on his scooter.
(NAME REDACTED) dressed herself. While she was dressing, I asked (NAME REDACTED) where she lived and she told me that her place was not far from mine. I also got dressed and we left my apartment and got on my scooter. (NAME REDACTED) sat behind me on the scooter and wrapped her arms around my waist. After a short ride, perhaps three to five minutes, we arrived at the curb in front of Salley Hall. When I stopped at the curb, (NAME REDACTED) got off the scooter, gave me a hug, and walked through the Salley Hall walkway to her dorm, Kellum Hall.
Winston is expected to play in Florida State's game against Georgia Tech on Saturday night in the ACC Championship Game. Harding gave lawyers for both Winston and his accuser up to five days to file legal briefs from the hearing and has 10 class days to issue his decision in the case. After the decision, each party will have the opportunity to appeal.

He explained his decision to not answer questions at the end of his statement.
Rape is a vicious crime. The only thing as vicious as rape is falsely accusing someone of rape. (NAME REDACTED) and her lawyers have falsely accused me, threatened to sue me, demanded $7,000,000 from me, engaged in a destructive media campaign against me, and manipulated this process to the point that my rights have and will continue to be severely compromised. (NAME REDACTED) and her lawyers' public campaign to vilify me guarantees that her false allegations will follow me for the rest of my life.
At some point they will be held accountable, so I have determined that it is in my best interests to exercise my right pursuant to Rule 6C2R-3.004 (6)(d)of the Florida State University Student Code of Conduct and answer questions when experienced lawyers and other experts can assist me in confronting (NAME REDACTED) false accusation and when (NAME REDACTED) is subject to the penalty of perjury and other claims for (NAME REDACTED) falsely accusing me of rape.
For more Florida State news, visit Warchant.com.
- - - - - - -
Nick Bromberg is the assistant editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter!
Follow @NickBromberg