Nick Rolovich has been named Hawaii’s new head coach.
Rolovich was a record-setting quarterback for the Warriors in 2000-01 and was an offensive coordinator under former coach Greg McMackin. He's spent the past four seasons as Nevada's offensive coordinator.
BREAKING: AD David Matlin welcomes @NickRolovich back to the #HawaiiFB ‘Ohana as the next head football coach. pic.twitter.com/epMA9Fqiyg
— Hawaii Football (@HawaiiFootball) November 28, 2015
"I'm pleased to welcome back Nick Rolovich to the UH ohana," athletic director David Matlin said in a statement. "Nick is a Warrior at heart and someone I know our fans will support. He understands what it means to be a Warrior having played and coached here and what affect a winning program has with this community. I have no doubt we picked the right man for this job. The future is bright for Hawaii football."
Rolovich holds several passing records at Hawaii, including most touchdowns in a quarter (four against BYU, 2001) and in a game (eight against BY 2001). Rolovich, nicknamed “Rolo” as a player, replaced Timmy Chang in 2001 and went 8-1 as a starter. During that stretch, threw for 3,361 yards and 34 touchdowns. He was named the Most Valuable Player of the 2002 Hula Bowl.

- - - - - - -
Graham Watson is the editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email her at [email protected] or follow her on Twitter! Follow @YahooDrSaturday
And don’t forget to keep up with all of Graham’s thoughts, witty comments and college football discussions on Facebook