Oakland A's outfielder Josh Reddick found an unusual slumpbuster when he picked Wham's "Careless Whisper" as his new walk up song earlier this week. A pair of multi-hit games immediately followed the switch, and his success continued on the road on Friday as Reddick delivered his fifth career multi-homer game and set a new career-high with six RBIs in Oakland's runaway 11-1 victory over the Cleveland Indians.*
''I was getting some pitches to handle and not missing them,'' Reddick said. ''That's how you keep a hot streak going, you don't miss pitches.''
So maybe it's not the music after all. The entire A's offense looked comfortable away from O.co Coliseum and without their usual walkup tunes. Collectively, they hit for the home run cycle, which included a grand slam from Reddick and a three-run homer from Josh Donaldson all in the second inning. Jed Lowrie hit a solo shot in the third before Reddick's two-run blast wrapped up the scoring in the seventh.
On the mound, Sonny Gray improved to 5-1 with six innings of one-run ball. He was nearly untouchable after Nick Swisher's solo homer in the first. Then again, it's always a little more relaxed when the offense can spot you a quick eight.
DOMINANT DE LA ROSA: Coors Field remains the most hitter-friendly ballpark in all of Major League Baseball. However, Colorado Rockies left-hander Jorge De La Rosa was able to conquer its spacious dimensions and the San Diego Padres struggling offense on Friday night by limiting them to one hit and one walk over seven scoreless innings.
De La Rosa actually carried a no-hit bid into the seventh but lost it when Chris Denorfia led off the inning with a ringing triple to right field. Impressively, he was able to strand the runner and hold on to a tenuous one-run lead at the time. Colorado would add a pair of insurance runs later on and hold to win 3-1.
Making the outing even more impressive, De La Rosa came in dealing with back soreness and added a swollen middle finger on his pitching hand to his ailments during the game. He was twice checked by Colorado's head athletic trainer after batting appearances. The second time, he actually reached on a fielding error by second baseman Jedd Gyorko, which allowed Colorado's first run to score.
'It's always something with me,'' said De La Rosa. "Today my finger was bothering me a little bit from the time I was in the bullpen. My back, just when I ran, I felt it a little bit more. It was bothering me but I've pitched with pain before and I know I can keep pitching with this kind of pain. I'll be good for my next start, too.''
The Padres can vouch for that, while also wondering how difficult their night would have been had De La Rosa been one-hundred percent.
GREINKE WINS LUCKY SEVEN:*

Mark Buehrle of the Toronto Blue Jays reached seven wins earlier this week and now Zack Greinke joins him as the NL's first seven-game winner. The Los Angeles Dodgers right-hander extended his streak to 21 consecutive starts with two runs or fewer allowed by shutting out the Arizona Diamondbacks over eight innings.
The streak was already the longest in MLB since 1914, and now it's one better after Greinke gave up just five hits, struck out six and walked two. He also had an RBI double in the Dodgers 7-0 victory, which is obviously all he needed. Just for good measure though, Yasiel Puig delivered three hits, including an opposite field home run, to extend his hitting streak to 15 games.
It's also interesting to note the Diamondbacks have not led in any of their six "home games" against Los Angeles this season, which includes the two games played in Sydney, Australia, to open the season.
MARLINS SIGN MIGUEL TEJADA: According to Juan C. Rodriguez of the Sun Sentinal,*the Miami Marlins have signed Miguel Tejada to a minor league contract which is contigent on him passing a physical.*

Tejada, 39, spent last season playing a bench role with the Kansas City Royals, hitting .288 with three homers over 53 games. His season ended abruptly in August when he was placed on the disabled list with a calf injury, and then shortly thereafter he was suspended 105 games after testing positive for amphetamines. Tejada's suspension still has another 64 games remaining on it, meaning he wouldn't be able to play for Miami until late July at the earliest. Another positive test would lead to a lifetime ban.
Tejeda is now five years removed from his last productive season. In 2009, he hit .313 with 46 doubles and 86 RBIs for the Houston Astros. Chances are he won't make much of an impact if the call eventually comes, but all he can ask for is another opportunity.*
More MLB coverage from Yahoo Sports:

- - - - - - -
Mark Townsend is a writer for Big League Stew on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter! Follow @Townie813