Felix Hernandez did it again — he made another start for the Seattle Mariners in which he pitched at least seven innings and gave up two or fewer runs. That makes 16 starts in a row that King Felix has been royally dominant, a record that keeps growing.
The specifics for Monday night: Hernandez pitched seven innings, giving up just one run on three hits and striking out eight. The Mariners laid an 11-1 beat down on the Toronto Blue Jays in front of a Seattle crowd of more than 41,000 that had Safeco Field rocking for its ace.
''That was unreal. That was pretty good,'' Hernandez said. ''We're fighting. We're going to continue to fight and do the little things.''
Little? Nothing is little about Hernandez's dominance streak. It's the longest such streak since 1900. Hernandez is well beyond Tom Seaver at this point (who had 13 such games in 1971) and he's creating a 2014 body of work that should be difficult to duplicate. The last time Hernandez gave up more than two runs in a start was May 12, when he allowed four to the Tampa Bay Rays.
When the dude in second place did it 43 years ago and one on 3rd place is named Chief from 1907 that's #special pic.twitter.com/k0mexnUzXY
— Kyle Godfrey (@OKGOdfrey08) August 12, 2014
Beyond just counting down the days until King Felix's inevitable Cy Young coronation, the win also gave the Mariners a boost in the AL wild-card standings. The Blue Jays are one of Seattle's chief competitors for the second AL spot and the the M's now have a one-game lead over the Jays. The Tigers hold that second wild card at the moment, with Seattle sitting a game back.
CORREIA DELIVERS IN DODGER DEBUT
Kevin Correia, the newest Los Angeles Dodgers starting pitcher, delivered in his debut in blue. Acquired from the Minnesota Twins in a Saturday trade, Correia pitched six innings, surrendering just one run on five hits to the Atlanta Braves. The*Dodgers won 6-2.*
Correia, in his 12th season, is a SoCal native who is thrilled to join the Dodgers and be thrust into a pennant race. He outpitched Braves All-Star Julio Teheran, then summed up his change of scenery thusly:
''I haven't had that feeling I don't think since being called up,'' Correia said. ''I come in and I have a locker next to the best pitcher on the planet (Clayton Kershaw). I couldn't be happier with the spot that I'm in right now.''
The Braves, meanwhile, dropped to 2-10 in the past two weeks.

ROYALS INCH INTO FIRST PLACE IN AL CENTRAL
If you missed it elsewhere on The Stew, here's your reminder that it's Aug. 12 and the Kansas City Royals are now in first place in the AL Central. The Royals edged the A's 3-2 (then back-flipped about it). That, combined with the Tigers getting routed by the Pittsburgh Pirates put K.C. in first by half a game.*
The Royals have now won eight straight.

MANNY MACHADO HURT IN ORIOLES WIN

The Baltimore Orioles beat the New York Yankees pretty handily, in an 11-3 rout, helped by homers from Nelson Cruz and Chris Davis. But not all was good for the AL East-leading O's. First, watch the video above and just try to stop the "Benny Hill" theme song from playing in your head.*
More important than an embarrassing play, however, was the potential damage to the Orioles' lineup. Young third baseman Manny Machado left the game with a right knee sprain. Machado will have an MRI on Tuesday to see what the damage is. It could be something a little rest can fix, or it could mean another trip to the disabled list. Machado, 22, blew out his other knee last season, requiring surgery and missing the start of 2014.*
For the rest of Monday's action, check out our scoreboard.
More MLB coverage from Yahoo Sports:

- - - - - - -
Mike Oz is an editor for Big League Stew on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter! Follow @MikeOz